80

"Calliope, I love you," Jada said as she plopped down onto the bed.

A smile stretching across Callie's face, she nodded. "I know. I love you too."

"No... I am so in love with you. I can't even describe how in love with you I am."

Callie looked around cautiously as she set her book down on the nightstand and sat up. "I know, babe. Words can't describe how in love with you I am."

Jada reached out and grabbed Callie's hands in hers. "Did my mom say something to you?" Callie was quick to ask. "Is this you trying to say you want a divorce?"

"Calliope, I would never ask you for a divorce. I'm so in love with you that if something were to ever happen between us, I would continue to be madly in love with you. You wouldn't be able to get rid of me."

"Are you sure my mom didn't say anything to you?" Callie asked suspiciously.

"Baby, am I not allowed to tell you I love you?"

"That's not what I'm saying. You're just acting different."

Jada smiled as she leaned over and pressed a soft, gentle, and quick kiss to her wife's lips. "Your mom and I had a great time, actually."

"Are you sure?"

"Calliope, shut up and listen to me," Jada teased with a playful smile.

"I love you, Calliope Torres. I am so freaking in love with you. I love you more than anything and anyone." Jada took a deep breath and wiped a stray tear off her cheek. "I love you," she began to choke up.

"Never in my life did I think I would say those words to a partner. I didn't know how to love someone and I didn't know how to love myself."

"I want you to listen to this and hear what I have to say. I am okay now because I have you and I have the girls. Your mom and I had a real heart to heart talk today. I told her everything about you including something I haven't told you which is what I'm going to tell you now."

A look of confusion passed across Callie's face again when she felt Jada grip her hands even tighter than before after she wiped more tears from her cheeks.

"You saved my life," Jada began. "You saved my life that day at the mall."

"And you also saved my life that day you happened to fall onto my back porch."

Jada took another deep breath, blinking rapidly to fight back tears. "I was going to take my life that night."

Callie's jaw dropped as she gasped at Jada in disbelief. "What?"

"I had it all planned out... everything. Where I was going to go, what I was going to do, I had notes written to everyone."

"And then you fell on my porch. I forgot about everything and I wanted to make sure that you were okay. But then you trusted me, you took off your mask so blatantly for me and you didn't give a care in the world that I knew who you were. You were flirty, you were beautiful, and I felt like I connected with you. And before I had a chance to get up and continue my plan, you texted me and asked if I wanted to come over."

"I found you breathtaking, miraculously stunning. You held me in your arms that night at the beach and that was the first time in a while I felt loved and appreciated by someone other than my family and close friends."

"You took me back to your place and let me sleep in your bed. You had your chef make me all sorts of breakfast because you didn't know what I liked.  You were so invested and interested in getting to know me and learning about me."

"You are the most beautiful woman in the world and you were interested in me. You wanted me, a depressed girl who was going to commit only a few days earlier. I was nothing and you wanted me. Before you told me you loved me, I knew you did. I decided I wanted to live because I wanted to live for you."

"You didn't judge me because of my issues, even when I drove you crazy. You supported me through this battle and didn't leave my side once, even when I left yours. I knew I was safe with you, Calliope. If you hadn't crash landed on my porch, I can say for certain that I wouldn't be here today."

"These last four and a half years have been the best years of my life because you've been in my life. I love you, Calliope Torres, and you are the best thing to ever happen to me."

Callie immediately let go of Jada's hands to wipe the tears off her cheeks before grabbing Jada and pulling her into a hug. Jada felt squeezed at the force Callie was using to hold her close. She wasn't going to say anything. She knew what it symbolized.

It was once again, Callie promising eternity to her. "I love you, Jaelynn."