56

"You good?" Callie asked as she walked into the living room after hearing Jada finish up a phone conversation with her sister.

"Jordan cheated on Grace."

Callie set her drink down on the side table and quickly moved to sit beside Jada. "Is she okay? Do I need to go kick his ass?"

"She's okay," Jada answered confidently. To be honest, she was surprised at how well her sister was handling it. "He's a dick though. I told her to tell him he should probably run when we go to visit."

"Men are fucking stupid," Callie sighed as she leaned back into the couch. "That's why I stopped sleeping with them."

"Okay, I really wouldn't like to think of you sleeping with a guy at all."

"It is true," Callie admitted. "It's part of why I started learning towards women."

"Thank you for that statement," Jada said sarcastically.

"You're welcome," Callie said with a smile, giving the sarcasm back playfully. "I have my eye on one girl and she's all I need. I've been married to her for four years and I just have the biggest crush on her."

"You do?"

"I do."

"Calliope-" Jada's train of thought was interrupted by a sharp kick from her stomach. "Oh she's kicking again."

Pulling Jada against her chest, Callie softly placed her left hand on her wife's stomach and smiled when she felt a push right underneath her hand. Callie rarely felt a kick against her hand. Usually when her hand was resting on Jada's belly, she wouldn't feel anything, almost like the baby was calmer with Callie's presence.

Jada had about a month and a half until her due date in early November. "Baby?"

"Yeah, Jaelynn?"

"We need to start thinking about names for this little girl," Jada said softly, moving her hand to cover Callie's.

"We do," Callie agreed. "Do you have any ideas?"

Shrugging, Jada answered, "I don't really. I need you to help me."

"Jaelynn is such a beautiful name," Callie suggested.

"We are not naming a kid after me."

"Why?"

"I don't want a kid named after me," Jada answered quietly. "Calliope is more unique."

"No," Callie was fast to argue. "I don't like that name. You're the only one I let call me it."

"Why do you hate it so much?"

"It reminds me of my parents," Callie answered. "Aria and I have unique names and it just reminds me of them and how I don't feel like part of their family anymore."

"You talk to your dad and Aria."

"But none of them cared enough to stand up for me," Callie explained softly. "They chose my moms side over mine."

"But, your dad is on your side now and Aria doesn't talk to your mom much anymore."

"But it got to that point," Callie continued to explain. "I'm their daughter and I'm Aria's only sibling and they casted me aside and I don't want our daughters name to be after them at all because they don't deserve it."

Jada wrapped her arms around Callie and hugged her. "Okay, let's keep thinking."

The couple sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before Jada suggested a couple names. "How about Riley or Taylor?"

"For Taylor Swift?"

Jada held her hands up in surrender. "Hey, you won't let us name her after you so I have to go to my second crush here. And Taylor is a pretty name."

"Your second crush?" Callie asked with a teasing smile. "Who's the first?"

"Obviously you," Jada answered. "That's a no-brainer."

"Why's that?"

Jada playfully rolled her eyes at her wife. "Really?"

"Really."

"Well, where do I start?" Jada asked. "You're so beautiful," she began. "You light up an entire room. You're hot, sexy, beautiful, and I could just go on and on. I love how strong you are, and I know you keep at it just to drive me crazy."

"Maybe," Callie agreed.

"You know you drive me crazy and you let that big ego of yours get to your head."

"I do not have a big ego!"

Jada raised an eyebrow. "You sure about that?"

Callie rolled her eyes. "Keep going about me."

"You know where I need to be touched and when I need to be touched. You take your time to love every part of me, both physically and emotionally. You take care of me. You protect me, you hold me, you cherish me, you love me."

"I love the way you make love to me," Jada continued to explain. "You don't do it as a quick get off for both of us, unless we both need that. But, you take your time, and every time I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to you. I love the way you can make me come undone, and you take the utmost care in doing so. You're the first person I've ever let make love to me. You're just so gentle, genuine, caring, and loving."

"Calliope Torres, and that is why everyday I fall more and more in love with you."

Leaning over, Callie placed a gentle and soft kiss on Jada's lips. "I love you," she said softly. "Even though you have a celebrity crush on Taylor Swift."

"Hey!" Jada protested. "You have a crush on..." When she couldn't think of anything, she trailed off. "Yeah, I got nothing."

Callie just laughed. "My baby girl has a celebrity crush."

"Baby?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you call me that more often?"

Callie smiled. "I can."