71

"Hi, Calliope," Jada said softly as she entered Callie's office.

The brunette was turned away from her computer, her attention focused on something on the adjoining desk. Callie jumped in her chair and Jada smiled softly to herself. She did, and would continue to find Callie adorable every time she accidentally snuck up on her and scared her.

With her Lynx senses, Callie knew everything that was going on around her and often anticipated people coming into her office way before they could even make their presence known. With Jada, Callie had been like that at first, but over time, she had become so comfortable with Jada's presence that it never came up on her radar anymore.

As little as it was, it still found a way to melt Jada's heart. When they first started dating, Callie had been very closed and protective of herself. And over time, Callie let her guard down and Jada was feeling like the luckiest girl in the world. Because she was the one who got all of Callie. Not just the looks, but everything. The emotional and the vulnerable side of Callie.

Jada would also never get over the way Callie's face lit up when she arrived. To Jada, it felt like Callie stopped the entire world with the way she would light up and glow whenever Jada arrived.

"Well, this is a surprise I will happily welcome," Callie said with a beaming smile. She spun her chair around to the front of her desk where her laptop sat to give Jada her full attention. "The girls aren't with you?"

"Nope, no girls today," Jada replied with a matching smile.

Callie leaned back in her chair. "You can close the door and come over here and say 'hi' to me."

Jada playfully crossed her arms over her chest, switching her focus from Callie, to the small pullout bed in Callie's office. "Or I can close the door and you can come over here and say 'hi' to me."

Callie pushed herself up onto her feet and was immediately crossing her office towards Jada. Jada reached behind herself and closed the door and just as she turned back around, she was swiped off her feet into Callie's arms.

She wrapped her legs around Callie's waist and her arms around Callie's neck. "I thought you were supposed to be streaming?" Callie asked. "Not that I'm complaining. I love when you come visit me."

"I was going to," Jada started to explain. "And then I missed you a little more than usual so I wanted to come see you."

"I love when you come to see me."

"I love watching you work," Jada said softly as she placed a gentle kiss on Callie's jaw. "You look so
hot and sexy in your scrubs and lab coat. I'm just not always the biggest fan of what those billion dollar hands work on."

Slowly, Callie walked backwards until she felt her thighs bump against the pullout bed. She sat down, taking Jada with her, and dumped her onto the bed so she was sitting up on the couch part.

"Why didn't you bring the girls?" Callie asked as she quickly moved to grab her laptop before coming back over to sit beside her wife.

"My mom and Grace wanted to spend some time with them," Jada answered. "You're going to pay attention to your laptop and not to me?"

"I have a meeting in a few minutes," Callie said. "And it's online."

"Well, that's good for me because I don't plan on leaving yet," Jada said as she turned herself onto her side and rested her head against Callie's thigh and a pillow.

Callie chuckled and began to run her fingers through Jada's long blonde hair. "I haven't seen Grace in like three days," Jada continued. "Because she's been at Luke's so much. She's not enlisting back into the military."

"She's not?" Callie asked, the surprise evident in her voice.

"No, and I'm so glad she isn't. She has extensive military training which puts her so much farther into the process, but she's going to D.C. and Maryland for police training."

Jada just laughed when Callie raised her eyebrow. "I know," Jada said with a giggle. "I talked her out of the military but then she wants to be a police officer and it's still going to be just as nerve racking."

"Well, if she's up for it, I'd be glad to show her more self defense skills."

"You don't even need to ask her, I am going to make her," Jada replied. "She said she wants to possibly have a K-9 unit but that'll depend on how much training she has to go through. Because she's been in the military, she doesn't need as much physical training, but more so just learning more about the laws."

"Think of it this way," Callie said. "She's going to come home every night and she won't be overseas."

"That's true."

"Do you think she was done with the military or she wants to stay here for Luke?"

"A little bit of both," Jada answered. "Her and Luke are getting pretty serious from what I've heard, but I do also think she wants to be back home."

"Luke's a good guy," Callie said. "He won't fuck around with her."

"I know," Jada replied. "Although I still don't like the fact you two had sex."

"I had sex with him one time, while we were broken up!"

"I know," Jada said with a laugh. "I'm not trying to hold it against you, but you can't make this shit up. My sister is banging a guy that fucked my wife too."

"He didn't fuck me, I fucked him."

"Calliope!"