63

Mom and baby were doing great. It had been about two hours since the birth of Callie and Jada's second daughter, and both were doing great.

The visiting party was waiting anxiously outside the door for their turn to visit the baby. After the delivery, Jada was given some time to change, rest, and nurse the newest addition to the Torres family. But Michelle, Grace, Arizona, and Sofia were all excited to visit with the new baby.

After saying she wanted her mom to help her with everything, Jada surprisingly liked having Callie see to her needs, including the more intimate needs. Although she wasn't in great shape after delivering a child, Jada surprisingly found herself not self conscious about her body in front of Callie. Because Callie, well she was Callie, and she was awesome.

Callie was just there for everything. Wether it be getting something for Jada, helping her make her way to the bathroom, massaging her sore muscles, or delivering their daughter to her for nursing, Callie was just doing everything.

And that only solidified even more so than it already was in Jada's mind, that there wasn't a woman better than Calliope Torres in the entire world. Jada thanked life for making her gay, and dropping a Calliope Torres onto her back porch all those years ago.

Looking over after feeling the hospital bed sag a bit, Jada watched Callie sit down with their baby girl wrapped up in blankets and a small little hat. Carefully, she transferred the little girl into Jada's arms before wrapping her arms back around Jada to hold the baby as well.

"Little tiny miss is hungry," Jada said after watching and feeling their newborn daughter latch onto her nipple for another meal of the day.

"She takes after you," Callie said with a low giggle behind Jada.

Jada looked over her shoulder and raised her eyebrow. "She takes after you, baby. You eat a lot," she pointed out. "Something's gotta fuel those big muscles."

"We both saw how you ate while you were pregnant," Callie quipped back. "You put me to shame."

Jada scoffed and rolled her eyes. "You hear that little girl? Your Mama is already making fun of us."

"Are you ready to settle on a name?" Callie asked. "So we can make it official before everyone comes in to visit?"

"Baby, I'm still stuck," Jada answered. "I like both of them. Riley and Taylor are both beautiful names."

"They are."

"I wish we could use both of them," Jada said. "Riley Taylor Torres sounds nice but I don't know if I like it with a big first name as a middle name."

"What were some of the other ones?" Jada asked. "Riley Lynn? Taylor Nicole? Taylor Robbin?"

Callie relaxed into the bed. "I like them all."

"Baby, I like them all too," Jada said as she gently covered her exposed breasts before leaning back into Callie. "I don't know what to pick."

"We don't have to decide right now," Callie said softly.

"I know, but I'm just worried about Sofia. What if she starts asking questions about how we picked her name? Or how she was when she was just born?"

Jada felt Callie sigh behind her. "I know," she answered softly. "We can't keep them waiting much longer, though. Your mom is about to break down the door and we can't tell Sofia she's not allowed in. Let's just take it as it goes."

"Okay," she said with a nod. "Do you want to go get them?"

Callie stood from the bed and made her way over to the door. After looking back to make sure Jada and the baby were properly covered up, she opened the door and allowed their family in.

"Oh my gosh! Let me see! Let me see!" Michelle exclaimed as she was the first one to rush past Callie.

"Mommy!"

"Hey Callie," Grace said quickly as she passed through the door.

And a moment later it was just Callie and Arizona standing at the door. "Good thing you got them now because they were ready to break down the door."

"I figured," Callie replied as she held the door open for Arizona to enter.

Once the door closed behind them, Arizona gave Callie a hug. "Congratulations Calliope."

"Thank you. And thank you for everything helping Jada and I get ready these last few months."

The hug tightened. "Anytime," Arizona said quietly as she placed a quick and soft kiss to Callie's cheek. "Thank you for having me at your home."

"You know you're welcome anytime," Callie explained. "You're welcome to stay as long as you'd like and I'm sure Michelle will need a break from the baby at some point."

"Good job Sofia," Callie heard from across the room.

Immediately turning and heading towards her wife and family, Callie's heart melted at the sight in front of her. Sofia was in Jada's lap holding her baby sister. And she was a natural.

"Callie, go sit behind my sister so we can get a picture," Grace instructed.

Doing as told, Callie crawled back up onto the bed behind Jada and rested her chin on her shoulder and wrapped her arms around both Jada and Sofia as well as their newborn daughter.

Right now, life was great.