48

"Our kid wants your ex-girlfriend to live with us," Jada said to Callie in the comfort of their bedroom.

"Yeah," Callie said as she sat down hard onto the bed.

"Yeah what?"

"I was just agreeing with what you said," Callie said defensively.

"Our daughter wants your ex to live with us."

"Jaelynn, you know you can call her Arizona," Callie said softly.

"I know, Calliope," Jada snapped sternly. "I don't know what to do about it. What do we do about it?"

"She'll probably forget about it in a few days," suggested Callie.

Jada took a moment to think. "I think as long as Arizona is here she's going to have it in the back of her mind."

Callie reached out and took Jada's hand in hers. "Hey, it's going to be okay."

"I know how much she loves Arizona," Jada protested quietly. "I just don't want to break her heart. She seems so set on it already." She then continued. "I like having Arizona around. I just don't want Sofia to continue getting the wrong idea."

"We can talk with her," Callie replied. "It'll be a life lesson. Nobody gets everything they want. She knows that."

Callie helped Jada sit down on the bed beside her. "Just because Arizona and I are sleeping in the same house doesn't mean anything," she explained as she took off her wedding ring and held it up between her fingers. "This is the promise that my love, my heart, my soul, and my body belong to you, Jaelynn. No one else. Only you."

"I'm not insinuating that you're going to hop in bed with Arizona," Jada defended as she slid Callie's ring back onto her ring finger. "I know you. I know you would never do that."

Jada opened her mouth to continue speaking, but stopped. Looking over at Callie, she let out a deep breath. "I'm sorry. My hormones and emotions are all over the place right now. I'm just worried about Sofia. I never thought she would really, really want Arizona to live with us."

Reaching around Jada's shoulders, Callie began to gently massage her wife's shoulders and upper back. "Arizona is my friend and you are my lover," Callie said softly. "I kiss you, I care for you, I fuck you, I sleep with you, and I love you. You, and only you."

Smiling, Jada replied, "Calliope, you should say that third one a little louder. Especially when we start going out again." She then added, "Maybe the fourth one too because all those people think they can pick you up."

"You think you could pick me up?" Callie teased with a smile of her own.

"Oh, I could totally pick you up," Jada replied confidently. "Not like I did it once before."

"I wouldn't credit yourself too much," Callie teased. "I have the smooth moves. Also, I invited your ass over the first time."

Jada shook her head. "I totally did a number on you in my apartment when we first met."

"You telling me that I'm hot isn't really a pickup because you didn't get the girl that night."

"But, I did end up getting the girl."

"Okay, whatever you say."