55

"Calliope Iphegenia Torres!" Jada called from her office door as she flew out after Callie. After saying a quick goodbye to Grace and alt f4ing her game, she charged out of her office after Callie.

Jada had no idea how much Callie heard but she wasn't meaning for her advice to Grace to be demeaning or hurtful toward Callie in any way.

"She went outside," Arizona instructed as Jada flew into the living room.

"Thank you."

Jada flew through the rest of the house and out the back door onto the patio to find her wife sitting on a step with her face in her hands.

"Calliope."

Walking over slowly, Jada sat down beside her wife and wrapped her arm around Callie's shoulders. "Calliope, marrying you was the best decision I ever made in my life. Marrying you made me the luckiest girl in the entire world."

"I was talking to Grace," Jada began to explain. "About Jordan. He mentioned getting married because if they did, they would have even better benefits. I told her not to do it because she has my mom, you, and I."

"We got married after only dating for six months. I wouldn't change marrying you for the world. We both know that it was rough at first, and I was horrible to you. I was struggling and that led me to be horrible to you. There were things that I leaned about my depression and anxiety that I didn't learn about until we were married. And some of those things hurt you. I just wish I would've known about it before we got married because that was so unfair of me to throw that on you right after we got married."

"I never said I didn't want to marry you. But, if I had to do it again I would marry you in a heartbeat, but I would wait a little longer so you really got to know the real me. I feel like I blindsided us both with some of the things I leaned about myself and I never want to see you hurt like that again."

Jada took a deep breath when she felt Callie shift her weight so she was now leaning against Jada. "I wanted to marry you right away," Callie began to explain. "I wanted to make you mine before some other girl could swoop in and take you from me. Everyday I fell more and more in love with you. I was ready to be married. I went through so many failed relationships and I just wanted to be a wife so badly."

"Baby, I wouldn't change anything for the world."

"Me either."

"I was just trying to give Grace some advice," Jada said softly. "I don't want her to get hurt like I hurt you early on."

Callie looked up at Jada for the first time since they had been sitting outside. "Can we cuddle?"

Jada immediately nodded. "You're not doing good, aren't you?"

Shaking her head, Callie replied, "I miss her so much and it hurts."

"I know, baby. Come on, let's go cuddle. We can cuddle as long as you want."

"Thank you."

Jada stood up and helped Callie to her feet. "Do you want to go inside and cuddle with Sofia?"

Callie answered with the slightest shake of her head. "Us?"

Jada nodded and wrapped her arms tightly around Callie. "Just us."