28

2 months later

"Cal, can you please drive?" Jada cried as she slowly made it down the steps into the garage.

Immediately turning around upon hearing the pain in her wife's voice, Callie let go of Sofia's hand and instructed the little girl to get in the car.

Today was probably the worst day in Jada's pregnancy so far. She was 20 weeks along and absolutely feeling it. The abdominal cramps were kicking her ass. On top of that, the visual changes were giving her anxiety as well. For the last few weeks, Jada was able to get away with wearing Callie's clothes, but now that her baby bump was really starting to expand, they had to go shopping for pregnancy clothes.

And as much as Jada didn't want to get out of bed today, it was Sofia's first day of preschool and she wanted to be there to walk her in. Their little girl was going to be four soon and it wouldn't be long before she was ready to start kindergarten.

"Will you be okay if I pick you up?" Callie asked softly before turning over her shoulder again. "Sofia, honey, can you open the passenger door for me please?"

"Yes, Momma!"

"I should be okay," Jada answered her wife.

Sofia climbed out of the backseat and ran around the back of the car to open the passenger door. Watching Sofia come back around the car, Jada was surprised and thankful that her body hadn't decided to actually destroy her when Callie picked her up.

Jada would never tire of being carried bridal style  by Callie. Pregnant or not, Jada loved to be carried bridal style. She could rest her head on Callie's shoulder and not have to use any energy or effort.

"You think you're going to make it later?" Callie asked as she gently set Jada down into the passenger seat.

Immediately relaxing and leaning her head back into the headset, Jada let out a deep breath. "I'm going to," she answered. "We've been waiting forever."

"If you're not up for it today, we can wait," Callie said as she reached across Jada to buckle her seatbelt.

"But we've been waiting for a while," Jada protested. "Addison said I should finally be ready."

Just as she finished talking to Callie, Jada groaned loudly as her abdominal pain tightened again. "I can't believe I let you get me pregnant," she snarled under her breath to Callie who just laughed. "Shut up, Calliope."

"That's not nice, Mommy!" Sofia added from the backseat, getting Callie to laugh even harder.

"I swear I'm ready to get a divorce-"

Callie took Jada's hand in hers. "Let's keep the divorce threats to ourselves until you're really ready to have this baby," Callie chuckled.

"Fuck you," Jada muttered under her breath, aware that her daughter was in the car with them. As soon as she said it, Jada's expression softened and she pulled Callie's hand closer. "I'm sorry, Calliope. I'm a wreck right now."

"You're okay, babe," Callie replied softly, leaning down to kiss Jada's lips softly. "I know you're in a lot of pain and it's just one more reminder."