53

"Calliope, you need to get up," Jada said softly as she gently shook Callie's shoulders.

"I don't need to get up," Callie argued, pushing her face harder against the pillow.

"Baby, I need you to get up," Jada tried again. "I need you. Sofia needs you. Arizona needs you. We need you, Calliope."

Kate's passing was beginning to hit Callie hard. She had gone into work for a few hours these past few days and not having Kate around was really taking its toll. As much as Jada missed Kate herself, she felt awful for Callie and Arizona. Kate was Callie's work buddy, and Callie was beginning to feel lost without her.

"Callie?" Jada called softly.

"I don't want to get up," Callie grumbled into the pillow.

"Can I hold you?" Jada asked.

Callie rolled over onto her back and immediately looked up at her wife with pleading and sad eyes. "Okay," Jada said as she began to sit down on the bed upon seeing the tears threatening to spill on Callie's cheeks. "Come here."

Jada leaned up against the headboard and Callie immediately settled her head on Jada's lap and nuzzled into her baby bump. Callie's face was hidden from view both by the baby bump, and the fact that Callie was actively trying to hide her face.

"It's okay, baby," Jada tried to reassure her wife softly. When Callie didn't reply, she took a deep breath.

"Calliope, you are so strong physically and mentally. You're a protector. You're there for anyone no matter what. It's okay to not be okay, Calliope. You don't need to hide from me. Alright? You have comforted me and Arizona over the last month and put us before yourself. You need to take some time for yourself. I miss Kate like crazy, too. You can't be superwoman every second of everyday Calliope."

Jada was surprised when Callie pushed herself upward and out of Jada's lap. She then positioned herself to sit beside Jada before immediately nuzzling her face into Jada's neck.

"That's it, baby."

Wrapping her arms tightly around Callie, Jada leaned over and pressed a kiss to the top of Callie's head. "I love you, Calliope. You are the strongest person I know and it's okay to not be okay for a little while. It's going to be tough. It is now and it will continue to be. We've got each other, we've got Sofia, Arizona, and Baby Torres. We'll be okay."