Chapter 79

FLASHBACK.......

"I just want to look nice for dinner.. it's a special occasion."

"I know." He said with a smile as he knelt down and wrapped the necklace around her neck hearing her gasp.. "Diamonds are supposed to be a first anniversary gift or something but this stone reminds me of your eyes and I just.. couldn't pass it up."

"Derek."

"Happy anniversary my love." He said placing kisses along her neckline as he fastened the necklace around her... "May it be the first of many."

"It will." She smiled as she turned in her seat and wrapped her arms around his neck looking deeply into his eyes "And we're going to be late."

He let out a moan as their lips crashed together and he lifted her out of the chair and carried her over to the bed carefully setting her down...

FLASHBACK END........

A knock on the door caused her to flutter her eyes open and shake the thoughts from her head.. she adjusted the necklace on her neck and turned to the door ..

"Yes?"

"Mer?" Izzy asked as she opened the door "Are you ready?"

"Oh um.. almost.. but you go ahead."

"Are you sure?" she asked "What about Finn?"

"I'm meeting him there.. you go ahead."

"Ok." She said starting to back out when she stopped and gasped "Wow that necklace you're wearing.."

"Oh." She looked down "Its nothing."

"It's beautiful." Izzy gasped...

Meredith looked down at it gently pressing her fingertips to it and gulped as she let out a small exhale..

"Yeah.. it is."