Chapter 52

I was trying far too hard to be what I thought I should be..
I was playing wild cards and seeing things that weren't in front of me.
--KT Tunstall

"So what are you doing for Thanksgiving?" Meredith asked as she sat down on a gurney next to Christina..

She looked over at Meredith with a deep frown on her face..

"You mean people actually do stuff for Thanksgiving?"

"So I hear." Meredith retorted, "I'm trying to find something for Finn and I to do on Thanksgiving."

"Wait, you mean you're doing something for Thanksgiving for the first time in 5 years and you're wasting it on a vet?"

"Christina!" she hissed "And for your information it's the first time I'm doing something for Thanksgiving ever."

"Again... the vet."

"Look, I was freaking out about having this conversation about family and plans with Finn later and Derek said I should just try to do something without family."

"Derek says?" she asked furrowing her brow..

"What?" she said shrugging "We're friends... Derek and I are friends."

Christina shook her head rolling her eyes and mumbling something about her being better off at Bambi's house for the holiday... they both looked up when they noticed Izzy skipping up eating out of a cup of pudding...

"Oh hey Mer I was looking for you." She hummed out...

"You were?"

"Yeah." She replied "Look I know you're not big on holidays but I was wondering if it was ok if I made a Thanksgiving dinner, it'll be kind of big and all but not like the party and I promise to clean up and-"

"Oh god Izzy." She gasped making everyone jump "Its perfect!"

Izzy and Christina reared their heads back as they looked at Meredith like she'd grown two heads..

"Yes!" she gasped "We can have Finn, and Christina can come and bring that guy she's dating."

"Who, Ryan?" she asked "No, I am so not bringing-"

"Yes you are!" Meredith said firmly "And you can bring a date and maybe George and Alex can come and.. it'll be great!"

Izzy looked at her hesitantly not sure as to what to say... Christina looked at her appalled and reached over putting her palm on Meredith's forehead... Meredith pulled away and looked at her with a frown..

"What?"

"I thought surely you were feverish." Christina said shaking her head "What the hell is wrong with you."

"Its called happiness Christina." She said with a giggle and hopped up "You should try it sometime."

Meredith smiled as she skipped on down the hall as plans started to reel through her mind... Izzy looked at Christina as she disappeared down the corridor she raised her brow and curled her lip as she pointed towards the end of the hall..

"What's with her?"

"I don't know." Christina said shaking her head still baffled "But she's got to break up with the vet... she's going crazy."