Chapter 9

Meredith walked around that morning, at first she felt a little regret for making plans with Finn, she wasn't sure if she was ready. But maybe it was time. She couldn't really talk to anyone about it because no one knew. Her mother knew a little but her mother was... her mother.

Her remedy was to 'suck it up and move on' so emotional talks were out of the question. She was grateful for her mother, it helped her to get to the point of functioning when she moved to Seattle.

Her mind felt more and more at ease as the morning went on. Perhaps things wouldn't be so bad. Finn seemed like a nice guy and he seemed to have honorable intentions. She felt a smile cross her lips slightly and noticed a few nurses giving her curious looks to the doctor that never smiled.

She turned her attention elsewhere when she noticed Christina sitting in the research room behind the nurses station, head in a book. She stood casually in the doorway with a soft look on her face.

"You'll never guess what happened to me." She stated simply.

"I'm sure whatever it is, isn't as important as this surgery I'm trying to study for." Christina replied.

"I have a date tonight." Meredith replied giddily.

"I cant believe they haven't called me about it yet..." Christina rambled out then got a look of shock "Wait, what?"

"Me." Meredith sighed "Meredith, I have a date tonight. With Finn."

"Who?" Christina asked

"That guy from a few weeks ago."

"The vet!" Christina said scrunching up her nose "You cant date a vet."

"Christina!"

"No." Christina said waving her hand with disapproval "There are more important things to address than dating animal gods, like why they haven't consulted me about this surgery, its MY surgery, I was made for this surgery, its here in MY hospital."

"What is it?"

"Craniodiaphyseal Dysplasia." She rolled off her tongue. Meredith's eyes widened a little with surprise.

"Lionitis?" Meredith mumbled "And they didn't call you about it?"

"No." Christina said with contempt "They called in some hot shot new your plastic surgeon, I mean this is so a neuro surgery, why the hell would they call in a plastics?"

"I don't know." Meredith frowned confused... "Has the chief said anything to you about it?"

"No!" Christina hissed out "I mean I'm trying to get my foot in the door but everyone's so hush hush about it."

"That's weird." Meredith frowned.

She shrugged trying to think of why they wouldn't have asked Christina, she was the top neuro surgeon at Seattle Grace and even the chief knew that.

Sure she still had a lot to learn and had never seen a case like this before but she could easily get by. She was deep in thought as well as Christina and didn't realize anyone had walked up to the nurses station.

"Meri-Berry?" she heard and her eyes raised quickly and she gasped as they clashed with a set of blues.