chapter 56

Its later on in the day. I'm in bed, about to go to sleep when my phone starts ringing.

I pick it up. "What?" I ask. "Hi" she says. "Oh, hi baby" my voice softens and I smile as I realise who it is. "Are you okay?" She asks. "Of course I'm okay.. are you?" I ask.

"Yeah.. I just couldn't sleep thinking about our fight" she says. "Oh" I say. The last time we got into an argument is when I tried to kill myself. Shit. I didn't even think.

"I'm okay meredith.. I promise" I say. "Okay" she says. "Are you still mad at me?" I ask. "..yes" she mumbles. "Will you be in school tomorrow? Should I pick you up?" I ask. "No" she says. "Okay" I sigh.

"So.. I will see you tomorrow?" She asks. "I won't kill myself" I chuckle. She stays silent. "Sorry" I say. She doesn't like me joking about it.

"I love you derek" she says. "I love you too.. thank you for calling me to check on me" I smile. "Of course" she says quietly. "Goodnight baby, sleep tight" I say. "Night" she says. I hang up. I lay down and soon go to sleep.

--------

I get ready in the morning and go downstairs. I smile as meredith finally answers the phone. "What?" He mumbles tiredly. "Good morning beautiful" I smile. She whines.

"What do you want?" She asks. "I'm going to come and pick you up for school.. I dont give a shit if you want to or not, you're going" I say. "No!" She says. "Yes" I hang up before she can say anything else.

"Bye bye dewek" amelia waves at me. "Bye ames" I kiss her head. I get in my car and drive to merediths house.

I walk upstairs. "Up" I drag her out of bed. She whines, hitting my chest. "Put on your clothes and do you makeup quickly" I say. "No" she says. "I'm not arguing with you, meredith! Do it now!" I snap at her. She frowns.

I sit on her bed, scrolling through my phone as I wait for her to get ready.

"I'm ready" she says quietly, walking over to me. I smile, standing up. She grabs her things. We go downstairs and leave. We get in my car and I drive us to school. We drive in complete silence.

I look at her after I park. "Shit.. babe" I hold her hand as I see she's crying. "I'm scared" she looks at me. "Don't be.. I'll be here the whole time" I lean over and hug her. She sniffles.

"Why did you yell at me?" Her lip trembles. "I just don't want you missing out on school because of that bitch and I knew you wouldn't listen to me if I was nice about it" I say.

"You scared me" she says. "I'm sorry" I put my hands on her cheeks. She kisses me. I smile. She smiles back at me.

"Loads of people texted me last night saying I look hot in the video" she giggles. "You do" I chuckle. She grins. "I bet a lot of people have tugged one out to you now" I say. She makes a disgusted face. I laugh.

"Did you?" She raises her brow. "Not yet" I say. "Yet!?" She giggles. I grin. "You don't need to.. I can help you out with your problems first hand" she grins. I smile.

"You ready?" I ask. She nods. We get out of the car. I hold her hand and we walk into the school, going straight to the break room.

Everyone looks at us. We go and sit on the couch, ignoring it. She cuddles into me. "Hi" our friends say. "Hi" we smile at them.

"You okay mer?" Izzie asks. She nods. "I feel better now" she smiles as Tiffany walks in with a black eye. We all chuckle. She goes to the other side of the room.

"And look at my girl.. not a single scratch" I kiss her cheek playfully. She giggles. "I was really angry" she looks at me. "I know" I chuckle. She kisses me softly.

"Oh, careful guys.. it'll be the couch next!" Tiffany announces. I grab merediths thighs and push myself between them, climbing ontop of her. All of our friends laugh. Meredith giggles against my lips as I kiss her passionately.

I pull away, chuckling. We sit up. "Come on Tiffany.. you know you want a piece" I smirk. Meredith hits my chest lightly. I chuckle. She giggles. "Don't baby, she just wants attention" she says.

"Fuck you" Tiffany says. Meredith smiles at her before kissing me again. She's trying to make her jealous, and I'm not mad about it. I pull her onto my lap, deepening the kiss.

She pulls away slowly. "Do you even actually like your boyfriend? Or do you just like showing him off?" Tiffany says.

"I dunno.. we sure have hot sex for people who don't even like eachother though" she says sarcastically. I chuckle softly.

"He's not my boyfriend anyway.. he's my fiance" she says. "For now" Tiffany says. "Yeah, for now.. until he's my husband" she says. Tiffany scoffs, walking out of the room.

"I hate that bitch" meredith says. "Me too" I say. She looks at izzie. "I'm gonna kick her off the team" she says. "The cheer team?" I ask. She nods. "I'm sure nobody will care.. everyone hates her" Izzie says.

"Nobody's even said anything to me about the video really.. other than saying I look good in it" meredith giggles.

"Everybody in school loves you and derek, nobody cares" izzie says. She smiles. I kiss her softly. She hugs me.