chapter 22

"What the hell derek!" I walk into his room. "What, baby?" He looks up. "Don't 'baby' me!" I yell.

"Meredith, what did I do?" He stands up. "Stupid! Inconsiderate! Fucking asshole!" I hit him repeatedly with his pillow.

"Mer, I don't know what you're yelling about" he stops me. "Did you tell Tiffany that she'd make an amazing cheerleeding captain?" I ask. He furrows his brows.

"..yeah, so?" He says. I hit him again. "She got the spot today.. because she told the team that she had the support of the football captain" I say.

"But mer, I-I didn't know you wanted the spot" he says. "Because you haven't been listening to me! I told you last week" I say.

"I'm sorry meredith, maybe I can speak to the team and-" he says. "Forget it" I pull his hands off of my waist.

"You know, it feels like you don't even listen to me at all lately.. like you don't care" I say. "I have my own things going on meredith" he sighs.

"I-" he says. "No, I don't care either! Just don't talk to me for a while" I walk away. "Meredith-" he says. "We're over" I slam his bedroom door behind me as I leave. I go home.

It's two hours later and I'm in bed, staring at the wall. I pick up my phone and call him.

I sigh as he doesn't answer. I get up and get ready quickly. I go to his house. "Derek" I knock on his bedroom door.

"Baby, I'm so sorry.. please talk to me" I lean against the door. I furrow my brows as he doesn't answer. I walk in.

"Oh my god! No! No!" I run over as I see him laid in bed, his wrists slit and blood all over the covers. "No no no!" I sob hard, trying to wake him up.

I run over and grab the phone. I call an ambulance. I tell them the address and they send one straight away.

His mom isn't home. I don't know what to do. What the hell do I do? I grab some clothes and wrap them tight around his wrists, trying to stop the blood from spilling out any more.

"Baby" I pull his head into my chest, hugging it. My tears fall down my cheeks onto his hair.

Flashforward:
I'm in bed staring at the wall. Thoughts are running through my mind. I can't believe I said that to him yesterday. I told him that I don't care if he dies. I do. I care so much.

My phone rings. I pick it up. "Hello?" I say. "Honey you need to come to the hospital right now.. something happened" Carolyn says. "Wh-" I stop as I see she's hung up.

I get up and don't even bother getting ready before running out of the house, grabbing my mom's car keys on the way out. I still don't have my licence but in this moment I couldn't care less.

I speed to the hospital. I get out of the car and run inside. I stop in the doorway as I see all the machines around him beeping.

Carolyn and Christopher are stood to the side, hugging eachother as they watch. "Time-" the doctor looks at the clock.

Now do i let him die.. or not?