chapter 30

Derek's pov:
I'm sat in the break room on the couch with the football team. I look at the door as meredith walks in with cristina and izzie.

"Mer!" I say. She smiles, walking over. "Hi" she kisses me. "How's your day been so far?" I ask. "Good.. how about you?" She asks. "Good" I smile.

"You sleep okay last night?" She asks. "I would've slept better with you there" I say. "I bet you would've" Mark smirks. "Shut up" I chuckle. Meredith giggles.

"Sorry I didn't come over.. I fell asleep after I finished studying" she says. "That's okay, I just missed you" I say.

"You'll come over tonight though?" I ask. "Oh, my mom thought you were coming to mine.. she's cooking for us" she says. "We can go to yours then" I say. "Okay" she smiles.

"Does your mom like me now or something?" I chuckle. "I think she just realised how much I love you" she shrugs. I smile.

"You sitting with us?" I ask. "Can I have your car keys? I left my scrunchie in your car yesterday" she asks. "I'll take you" I say.

"No, you don't have to- ahhh!" She screams as I pick her up, throwing her over my shoulder. Everyone laughs, watching us.

"Babe put me down!" She says. I carry her outside. I put her down. She gasps as I push her up against my car gently, kissing her. "I hate you" she says. "I hate you too" I say. We both smile.

I kneel infront of her. "Der, what are you doing?" She giggles. "Meredith grey, will you marry me?" I hold up her ring.

"Where did you get that from?" She asks. "You dropped it, silly.. you need to be more careful" I say.

"Where?" She asks. I pass her the chain from her neckelace too that snapped and fell on me earlier in the break room.

"I'm sorry der, it won't happen again.. I'm sorry" she says. "It won't happen again because you'll wear it on your finger" I slip it onto her ring finger. I stand up and kiss her.

"You think we're ready for people to know?" She asks. I nod. "Okay" she grins. "Be careful though.. it was really expensive" I say, looking at the ring. She smiles.

"You wanna.. ummm" she looks around the parking lot before climbing into the back of my car. "10 minutes?" She grins, gently pulling me in with her. I climb ontop of her. I close the door and kiss her.

--------

We walk into the break room hand in hand. She grins at me. I chuckle. "Mer, you make it so obvious" I brush her hair out of her face with my hands. She giggles.

She frowns, stumbling forwards into me as someone barges into her. "Tiffany, what the fuck" I say, wrapping my arms around meredith. "Sorry, I just fell into her" she says.

Meredith launches herself at her. "No, mer!" I pull her back. "Let me go!" She tries to pull herself out of my hands. I pull her into my arms.

"Der-" she says. "I know.. I know, calm down" I say softly, kissing her cheek. I gently pull her to the other side of the room. We sit down.

"Don't let her bother you, baby.. she's just jealous" I say. "Of what?" She asks. "You.. because you're perfect" I say. She chuckles softly.

"Or she could just be jealous because you have the most amazing boyfriend in the whole entire world and she doesn't" I say. She giggles. "I'm sure that's why" she says. I nod.

"You wanna go?" I ask. She nods. We get up. We walk to the door but she turns around. "We're engaged" she shows our friends her ring. "Oh my god!" They all get up and walk over to us. I chuckle, hugging her from behind as she talks to them all.

"Bye" they all say. "Bye" we say, leaving. We get in the car and drive to her house. We walk straight upstairs and I climb onto her bed and sit down.

"Why do you have to sit on me? There's so much room on the bed but you have to sit on me?" I say as she climbs ontop of me, straddling me. She giggles.

I smile, putting my hands on her waist. "I like sitting here.. its comfortable and I can look at you" she says. "Why do you need to look at me?" I chuckle. "Because I just want to" she says.

"Anyway" she puts her hands on my waist as she makes herself comfortable on my lap. I chuckle softly.

"I spoke to izzie when we were in the break room and she said that I could go back to being cheer captain whenever I want.. Tiffany got kicked off from being captain and izzie took over.. but she said that everyone would prefer me" she grins.

"That's great" I say. "So whenever you're allowed to play again, I'll start cheer again too" I say. "Okay good, I'm not doing anything without you there" I say. She smiles.

"Can you cuddle me now? I'm tired" she rests her head on my shoulder, wrapping her arms around my waist. I wrap my arms around her. "Yes, I can" I grin. I kiss her head. She closes her eyes.