chapter 10

I knock on the door. "Oh, hi hon" Carolyn let's me in. I walk to the living room. I smile as I see him sat on the couch playing on his PlayStation.

Hes talking on the mic. He stops when he sees me. He pauses it. "Hi beautiful" he says. "Hi, sorry for just coming over without texting you first.. I just wanted to see you" I say.

"Don't be silly, you never have to text first.. come here" he says. I walk over to him. He pulls me onto his lap.

He kisses all over my cheek and jaw softly, making me smile and giggle. I kiss his lips.

"Can I play with you?" I ask. He passes me the controller and puts the headset on me. "Hi mark!" I smile. "Oh, give it back to derek.. you're gonna get killed" he says. I giggle.

"Mark!" I yell as he kills me. "Sorry" he says. Derek laughs. "I don't wanna play this anymore" I take off the headset. He chuckles.

"You wanna go upstairs?" He asks. I nod. We go to his room. I turn around to him. "What's up?" He asks.

He smiles as I tug on his shirt. "Um, can you take this off please?" I ask. "What for?" He asks. Sometimes I don't like to initiate sex because I find it awkward.. and he knows that. So he makes fun of me, of course.

"Baby" I whine. He chuckles, pulling off his shirt. "Ask me" he says. I shake my head. "Fine" he turns around. "No!" I pull him back.

"Do you wanna have sex?" I mumble into his stomach, pushing my face into it. "You don't have to ask and be all weird" he jokes. I hit him. He laughs. He kisses me.

---

I smile, cuddling into him, resting my head on his sweaty chest. "You okay?" He strokes my hair gently. "Mhm, great.. you?" I kiss his chest softly, pulling away to look at him.

"Good.. really good now" he smiles. I kiss him. "Stop staring at me" I giggle. "I can't help it.. you're so beautiful" he says. I smile.

I put my hand between his thighs. "Oh, Is that what we're doing now?" He smirks. "Derek" I giggle.

"I think they're healing baby" I smile small. He shrugs. "Can I see?" I ask. "Yeah" he says. I move down his body to look at them.

"Pass me that" I point at the lotion. He passes me it. I rub it on them gently. I kiss both his thighs softly.

I lay next to him again. He sits up. "Babe?" I put my hand on his back, sitting up slowly. He rests his elbow on his leg, running his fingers through his hair.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you" I stroke his jaw gently with my thumb. I see a tear fall from his face onto his chest. He looks away.

"Baby" I run my hand up his chest, wrapping them around his neck. I straddle him. "I'm sorry for letting you down" he whispers.

"Oh, derek.. you could never let me down.. you're perfect" I hug him tight.

"I love you" he mumbles into my neck, squeezing me tight. "I love you too.. so much" I squeeze him back.

flashforward:

Tears run down my cheeks as I gently stroke his arm with my thumb. I look at the scars.

I sob quietly, closing my eyes. I kiss his scars softly. I stand up, looking at him. "You're perfect.. you're so perfect baby" I cry quietly, gently hugging his hand, resting it on my chest.

"I don't think I said that to you enough.. I should've made you believe it" I whisper.

Flashforward over:

We both lay down. I cuddle into him. "Der, you okay?" I ask. "Yeah, I am" he whispers. I close my eyes, listening to his heartbeat.

He strokes my hair. "I'll do better for you, I promise" he whispers. "You're already doing fine" I smile small.

"Goodnight mer" he whispers. "Goodnight love" I whisper before slowly drifting off.