chapter 13

Me and the guys are in the common room talking. "What th-" I sit up slowly, looking as derek walks into the room in just his underwear.

"Derek what the hell are you doing?" I laugh. "Someone stole my clothes in the changing room.. so I assume that this is what they wanted to see" he says. I giggle, covering my face with a pillow in embarrassment.

"Cute butt" Cristina says. "Very cute" izzie gives me a look. I giggle. "Sit your cute butt next to me whilst Mark finds you some clothes" I roll my eyes.

"Hey!" I laugh as he sits on my lap, not putting all of his weight on me. He grins, sitting next to me instead.

"You're such an idiot.. now half of our grade has seen your cute tushie" I grin. He laughs. "Merediths butt is much cuter than mine.. everyone look! Look at my girlfriends perfect ass!" He announces to the room.

"No! Derek!" I giggle as he picks me up. He turns me around so everyone can see. I go bright red. Our friends laugh.

I climb back onto his lap and curl up In his arms, hiding my face into his chest. He laughs.

"Put this on, idiot" Mark throws some clothes at him. "You sure you want me to put clothes on?" He smirks at me. I glare at him. He grins.

He lifts me up and stands up, putting on the clothes. "Are you taking the piss?" He looks at mark. I giggle as I see the bright pink shirt he's wearing.

"Oh, you like this?" He glares at me. "Such a turn on" I tease. He chuckles. He sits down. I sit next to him. He entwines our fingers.

"My hands are warm" I pull my hand away. He puts his hand on my thigh instead. I smile. I love that he always has to be touching me. I think that's how he shows his love.

Flashforward:

I walk into Derek's hospital room. I stop as I see two doctors touching the tube in his mouth. "What are you doing?" I ask, panicked. I look at Carolyn. Marks here too.

"Its okay sweetie, they say that he doesn't need the tube anymore" Carol says. "What? How is he going to breathe?" I ask. "If he can't breathe on his own then we'll put the tube back in" the doctor says.

"No, are you insane? What if something goes wrong" I say. "Meredith, it's okay" Carol wraps her arm around me. Mark puts his hand on my shoulder.

"You wanna stay here while we do it?" The doctor asks. I nod. "You have to stay calm though, okay?" She says. I nod.

I hold his hand. They slowly pull out the tube. "Breathe breathe.. please baby" I whisper under my breath.

I look at Carolyn worriedly as the machines start bleeping. I squeeze his hand gently.

The doctor passes the other one a new tube. They stand behind his head and tilt his head back.

Mark hugs me as I hide in his chest, closing my eyes so I don't have to watch. I cry quietly into his chest.

"Its okay, he's fine.. look" he strokes my back gently. I turn around. I wipe my eyes as I see that the machines have stopped bleeping.

The doctors leave the room. Carol sighs, stepping away from the bed, running her fingers through her hair.

I put my hand on Derek's cheek, looking at him. I kiss his head a few times softly, tears streaming down my face.

I sniffle, standing up straight. "Baby, don't do that ever again" I whisper tearfully.

Christopher walks in. "What happened?" He asks. "Hes okay" Carol says. He hugs her.

I stroke Derek's hair gently, running my thumb back and forth along his forehead gently. I kiss it again.

Flashforward over:

"Meredith come and sit with me" he whines, tugging on my arm. "I'm talking to Carol, go away!" I giggle. We're in the kitchen at his house.

He wraps his arms around my waist from behind. He cuddles his face into my neck as I talk to Carolyn.

He entwines our fingers. I roll my eyes, reaching over so he can keep holding hands as he makes coffee. "Oh just let go of her damn hand" Christopher says. I giggle.

I let go of his hand. He walks over to me, hugging me. "Oh, stop being so clingy today! Jesus" I giggle. "I'm tired" he says. "Well then go to sleep" I say. "No, I wanna cuddle with you" he says.

"Fine, let's go" I say. "Mhm" he smiles, picking me up. He carries me upstairs. He lays me down on his bed and lays between my legs, his head on his chest.

I run my fingers through his hair. "Is there a reason why you get so attached to me when you're tired?" I ask. "You make me feel comfortable" he mumbles into my chest. I smile brightly, hugging him.