chapter 14

I walk into Derek's room. I stop as I see him laid down, amelia sleeping on his chest. "Hi" he says. I wipe my tears.

"What's wrong my love?" He sits up, carefully laying amelia on the bed next to him instead. He holds his arms open. I sit next to him, hugging him.

"I'm sorry about our argument last night" I say. "Oh baby, I'm sorry too" he strokes my hair gently. I sniffle.

"You hurt my feelings" I say. "How?" He asks. "You told me that you wouldn't care if I broke up with you" I say. "You know that that's not true.. I'd die if you broke up with me" he says. I chuckle softly.

"You'd care?" I ask. "Of course I would, silly" he puts his hands on my cheeks. I kiss him.

His phone goes off. "I need to go" he gets up. "Where?" I ask. "I'm going out with the guys" he says. "Oh" I say.

"Sorry, are you okay? If you don't want me to go-" he says. "No, don't be silly.. go" I smile.

"I'll see you later.. stay here if you want.. sleep" he says. "Okay" I say. He kisses me softly before leaving. I sigh, laying back on his bed.

Flashforward:

I'm alone with him in the hospital room. I'm sat on the chair next to his bed, looking at the engagement ring.

"I can't believe you had this" I whisper. I hold his hand. "I would've said yes.. God, I would've been in floods of tears.. but I would've said yes so many times, until you shut me up by kissing me" I giggle, looking at him through my tear filled eyes.

"And my hand looks so sexy with this ring on.. you should see it honestly" I grin. I entwine our fingers, kissing his hand.

I take it off again and put it back in the box, slipping it into my pocket. "I should go, I'm gonna be late to school" I stand up.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you baby.. Um, marks the new captain.. so the teams in good hands.. you don't have to worry about it" I say. I smile small, kissing his head. I leave.

Flashforward over:

It's been a couple of hours since derek left. I sigh. I look through his drawers, just having a little nosy.

I smile as I get another idea to cure my boredom instead. I pull off my clothes and lay on his bed. I smile, grabbing my phone. I take a picture of my naked body.

Me: *picture*
Derek: god meredith, don't do that. I'm with the guys
Me: just showing you what you're missing
Derek: I hate you
Me: you love me
Derek: yes I fucking do
Me: come home babyyyy
Derek: I can't
Me: please.. for me
Derek: I'll see you in a couple of hours love
Me: oh.. my legs seem to suddenly be closing
Derek: shut up
Me: and my panties just pulled themselves up
Derek: shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
Me: babe
Derek: I'm on my way home
Me: good boy

About ten minutes later he walks in. "Hello handsome" I sit up. I giggle as he pulls off his shirt, jumping ontop of me. I moan against his lips, pushing him onto his back, rolling ontop of him.

----

I pant out of breath, stopping. I look down at him. He smiles. I grin. We both laugh. I lean down and kiss him. I pull him out of me.

I smile brightly, looking into his eyes. "Are you crying?" He chuckles. "No" I giggle, wiping my tears. "You're such a weirdo" he laughs.

I rest my forehead against his. He kisses my lips, pulling away. He sits up. "I'm freezing" I say. He reaches down and grabs his football jacket.

I put it on. "Oh, wow" he says. "What?" I ask. "That's a huge turn on" he says. "What is?" I giggle. "You, naked in just my football jacket" he says. I grin.

"You like this?" I ask. "Mhm" he grabs the jacket, pulling me close. I wrap my arms around his neck, my lips brushing against his. "I'll keep that in mind" I smirk. He kisses me.