chapter 32

I wake up and open my eyes slowly. I smile as I see derek sat next to me, reading a book. I put my hand on his bare thigh.

He looks down at me. "Oh, morning baby" he smiles. "Morning" I mumble. I sit up slowly and he kisses me. I hug him.

"Did you sleep good?" He asks. I nod. "I was so tired after what we did" I smirk. He smiles. He kisses me again.

"Oh no" I say. "What?" He asks. "We're supposed to be going out with mark and Alex today" I say. "Why?" He furrows his brows. "Just to hang out" I say. "With my friends?" He asks. "They're my friends too.. don't be so jealous" I giggle.

"You're coming with me der" I say. "I am? Why didnt you tell me before?" He asks. "I knew you wouldn't be busy" I chuckle. "I could've been" he says. "No, you're never busy.. because all you do is hang out with me" I say. He grins.

I hug him again, resting my head on  his shoulder. He strokes my hair gently. "Is Mark your bestie now?" He asks. I giggle. "No, you're still my bestie" I say. "Good.. Marks mine" he says. I giggle.

"You're such an ass.. I'm supposed to be your bestie" I say. "You are too" he says. I grin, rolling my eyes.

I pull away from him. He smiles. I kiss him softly. "A quickie before we go" he says. I shake my head. He nods. I glare at him.

"You can shower with me" I get up. "Yess" he follows me into the bathroom.

------

We're sat on the couch in the living room. "Sweetie, stop it" I pull his hand away as he itches his scars on his arm. "They're itchy" he says. "You're going to hurt yourself if you keep scratching them" I say.

"I'll go and get the cream for them, okay?" I say. "Okay" he says. I go upstairs.

I grab the cream and go back down. "Hi" I smile as I see Mark and Alex are here now. "Hi" they both say. I sit next to derek.

I rub the cream onto his arms. "Better?" I ask. "No" he says. I kiss his cheek a couple of times before standing back up. I put the cream aside. He stands up.

"Where do you wanna go?" I ask. "Cafe?" Mark asks. "Okay" we all agree.

"Do you have money?" I look at derek. He nods. "Can you pay for me and I'll pay you back? I promise" I ask. "You know you don't have to pay me back" he kisses me. "Good, because I wasn't going to" I grin. He chuckles.

We get in marks car and he drives us all to the cafe. I'm sat next to derek in the back seats.

"Oi" he says. I look at him. "I love you" he puts his hand on my waist, looking into my eyes. I move my face closer. He kisses me.

"Do they feel any better now baby?" I put my hand on his arm. "Yes" he says. "Good" I say. He takes off his jacket and puts it on me, obviously seeing that I was cold. "Thankyou" I smile.

"I thought I already stole this from you" I furrow my brows. Its his football jacket. "I stole it back cause I need it for games, silly" he says. I sigh dramatically. He chuckles.

I reach to the front of the car. "Meredith!" Mark says. I turn on the radio and sit back down. Derek chuckles.

"Mark are we nearly there?" I whine. "Yes" he says. "I'm hungry" I look at derek. "Did you not bring a snack with you?" He asks. I shake my head.

"I'll buy you a bag of chips in there so you can eat them straight away and not have to wait until the food arrives, okay?" He says. "Okay thankyou" I kiss his cheek. He smiles.

We go into the cafe and sit down. Derek hands me a bag of chips. "Thankyou my love, you're the best boyfriend ever" I squeeze him. He chuckles softly.

We pull away. I cuddle into him, resting my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes. "Why are you so tired all the time?" He runs his hand up and down my back slowly. I shrug.

I didn't sleep for weeks when he was gone. Now he's here I can relax and feel safe again. I can close my eyes and he will still be here, holding me. But I'm not going to tell him that.