chapter 27

I walk into Derek's hospital room. I stop as I see Tiffany stood next to his bed, talking to him. He looks at me. "Mer-" he says. I walk out.

"Meredith!" I hear him yell. I walk in. "Get out" I walk over to her. I follow her as she walks out. I slam the door behind her.

"Mer she just came over to give me a card from the football and cheer team.. I didn't know she was gonna come" he says. "Do you know what she said to me when you tried to kill yourself?" I ask.

"What?" He asks. "She came into the break room at school, screaming at me infront of everyone.. she told me that its my fault and that if I had been a better girlfriend then this wouldn't have happened" I tell him.

"Meredith" he says. "If you talk to her again then we're over.. I don't care.. I'm not being with you if you keep talking to her even after knowing that she has feelings for you.. its disrespectful to me and you know it is" I say.

"Meredith, I didn't know she was coming here!" He yells. "I'm just telling you" I say. "I don't want to be her friend.. I dont want to talk to her, baby" he gently pulls me onto the bed with him.

"I'm so sorry that she said that to you.. its horrible and so not true.. you're such an amazing girlfriend" he whispers. I cuddle into him. "I love you.. I'm sorry for being mean" I say. "You had a right to be mad" he says. I kiss him.

"I just missed you so much and then I come here and see you with her" I sigh. "I know" he hugs me. I climb under his covers with him.

"I can come home next week" he says. "Really!?" I pull away, looking at him. He smiles, nodding. "That's so great baby" I kiss him. "I know" he smiles wider.

"You coming?" He gets up. "Where?" I ask. "For a walk" he says. "Okay" I stand up. He holds my hand. We walk around the hospital for a bit.

We go outside. "I needed fresh air" he says. "You okay?" He looks at me. "I'm so excited for you to come home" I say. He smiles.

"Will you be coming back to school too?" I ask. "Yes" he says. "You nervous?" I ask. "Yeah" he says. "Be confident.. I'll be with you the whole time" I say. He kisses me.

I wrap my arms around his neck. The kiss soon gets heated. I pull away slowly. "Can we go back to the room?" He whispers, his hands on my waist. "Not for that" I whisper.

"Meredith" he sighs. "I don't want to" I look down. "You don't want me?" He asks. "I always want you.. I just.. I can't" I shake my head.

"Why not? Talk to me" he says. "Because I'm mad at you!" I instantly start crying as soon as the words leave my mouth. "You're mad at me?" He asks. I nod.

"You were going to leave me.. alone" I step away from him. "Mer" he says. "I'm not just going to get over that, derek" I say.

"I love you and I'm here for you.. but I cant just pretend like you didn't hurt me" I say. "I don't know what I can do to make it better" he says. "Me either" I say.

"Are you ever going to get past it?" He sighs. "I don't know" I say. He wipes my tears.

"Did you not even think about me when you did it?" I ask. "That's all I thought about, my love.. I didn't want to leave you, I just wanted to leave" he whispers.

"I should go home" I say. "No, mer" he says. I walk away. "Mer!" He follows me. "Go back inside.. call me later" I say.

"Please don't go.. I've been wanting to see you all week" he says. "I'll see you next week when you come home" I say.

I turn around. "I love you" I kiss him. "I love you" he whispers. I leave and call a cab home.