chapter 46

"Derek" meredith walks out of the bathroom and into the bedroom crying. I'm laid in bed. I sit up.

"What's wrong baby?" I ask. She sits next to me. She cries more. "I lost my ring" she says. "Your engagement ring?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"The promise ring you got me years ago" she says. She wears that ring everyday. I got it for her a month after we first started dating.

"I can help you find it" I hug her. "No, it went down the drain" she says. "The sink?" I ask. She nods.

I get up and go into the bathroom. I open the drawers under the sink. I pull gently on the pipes.

"Babe!" I yell. She walks in. "Don't touch the sink until I get back.. I'm gonna go and find a toolbox" I stand up. "Okay" she says. I leave to find one.

I come back with a toolbox. She's asleep in bed. I smile. I go into the bathroom and pull the pipes apart with the tools.

"Yes!" I grin as the ring falls onto the floor. I put the pipes back together and close the drawers.

I very carefully clean the ring in the sink. I go out to the bedroom. I kiss her cheek. I sigh as I see the tears stains on her cheeks. I stroke her hair gently.

She opens her eyes slowly. "Babe" she sits up slowly. I hold the ring up. She hugs me tight.

"Thank you so much" she takes it and puts it on. "You're welcome, my love" I kiss her. "I'm sorry.. I'm so stupid and clumbsy" she says.

"You're not stupid" I say. She smiles. "You're just a bit of an idiot" I say. She giggles, hitting me playfully. I grin.

She looks down at her ring. "I love you" she holds my hand. "I love you" I smile. She kisses my hand. "Come here, you big softie" I pull her onto my lap. She kisses my cheek.

I put my hand on her thigh. "I'm on my period" she pushes my hand away gently. "I'm okay with that" I smirk, running it back up her thigh. She glares at me. I grin, pulling away. She giggles.

"Are you horny?" She asks. "Always" I say. She laughs. "That's a shame for you, isn't it?" She gets up and walks away. "Hey!" I walk after her. She giggles.

I hug her from behind. "Don't tease me" I kiss her cheek playfully. She grins. She turns around and kisses me.

I kiss her. She wraps her arms around my neck. We both look down as we hear something fall on the floor. "Babe! What the hell" I chuckle, picking up her ring.

"Meredith, did that just fall straight off of your finger?" I ask. "Yeah" she furrows her brows.

"Has it always been this loose?" I ask. She shakes her head. "I've lost weight" she grins. "My love, you don't need to lose weight.. you're perfect" he says.

"But.. do you think I look prettier?" She asks. "When have you ever cared about your weight?" I ask. "I haven't.. I don't" she says.

"Do I look prettier?" She asks again. "You look the same" I say. Her smile fades and she looks away. She turns around, about to walk away.

"Hey" I gently pull her back. She looks at me. "You look beautiful, baby.. you always do" I say. She hugs me.

She smiles at me. "Put it on your bigger finger for now.. and we can figure something out for later" I put it back on her. "Okay" she says. I kiss her hand. She giggles.

"Do you wanna go for a walk?" I hold her hand. "Sure, where to?" She asks. "Wherever" I shrug. We put our shoes on before leaving.

We end up taking a walk down the pier. We stop in an arcade. "Baby, I want a teddy" she points at one in a claw machine.

"The pink one?" I ask. "No, brown" she points at a small brown Teddy bear. I keep playing on the machine until I win her one.

"Ahh!" She squeals happily, reaching down to grab it as I finally win it. "You happy?" I chuckle as she hugs me tight. She nods enthusiastically.

"What you gonna call it?" I ask. "Teddy" she says. I chuckle. "Okay" I say. I kiss her lips. "I love you" she says. "I love you more" I hold her hand. We continue with out walk.