chapter 5

It's Halloween. Me, derek, Mark and izzie all came to this place. Its supposed to be a movie but they have people dressed as killer clowns everywhere to scare people.

We're outside, walking to the patch of grass where the projector is. Someone grabs my shoulder. I turn around and see the bloody clown.

"No! Ahh!" I hide in dereks chest. He chuckles. They try to pull me away from him, not hard. I move back into Derek's arms.

I turn us around so he's infront of me. "Using me as a shield, seriously?" He looks down at me. "Tell them to stop, I'm scared" I whine, hugging him again, hiding.

He laughs. "Boo!" The clown sneaks up on me. I scream, pushing my face into his chest.

"Stop being such a wimp" he pulls me away from him. The clown holds a bloody knife up. I step back. I scream, turning around as I bump into someone. "Calm down" Mark chuckles.

I move close to mark and pull derek infront of me, so they're both hiding me in between them. They both laugh. Derek pulls away.

"Come on" he picks me up. I smile as he quickly takes me away. "Ahh! Babe, run!" I say as I see the clowns chasing us. He sits us down on a patch of empty grass infront of the massive screen.

"Baby, you saved me!" I sit on his lap, hugging him. He chuckles. Mark and izzie sit with us. "Here" she puts down some snacks.

"Izzie how were you not scared?" I ask. "They're guys wearing a costume" she chuckles. "It was terrifying" I say.

"You're adorable" he kisses me. The movie starts. It's scream, a horror obviously. He wraps his arms around me, just kissing my lips and neck basically the whole time. I don't mind though.

Flashforward:

I'm sat in his bed watching scream, thinking back to him holding me in his arms the last time we watched this.

I grab his phone, looking at the pictures he took that day. I tear up but smile as I look at the pictures of him that I took.

I get up and go downstairs. "Honey, are you okay?" Carolyn stands up, putting her hand on my shoulder. I nod. It's the first time I've been down here in 2 weeks.

"Hi" I smile small at Carolyn's friends that are sat on the couch. They all say hi.

"Can I come with you later? To the hospital?" I ask. "You sure?" She asks. I nod.

"You'll be okay there, won't you?" She asks. "Yes" I say, not actually sure.

Flashforward over:
We're in marks car as he drives us home. Him and izzie are in the front and me and derek are in the back.

My fingers are tangled into his hair as we make out. "Do you two mind!?" Mark says. We ignore him.

"Ahh!" I pull away from his lips as I feel something on me. "Baby, did you have a little accident?" I tease as I see the liquid on my arm. He glares at me as izzie and Mark laugh.

"Pass me that" he grabs the bottle of water that izzie just splashed us with. He pours more on me. I scream. They all laugh.

I hit him. "So violent" he smirks. "Shut up!" I giggle. He grins, kissing me again. I hug him.

We arrive at his house and go inside. Izzie and Mark go. "Hi carol" I hug her. She smiles. "Did you two have fun?" She asks. We both nod.

"You staying here tonight?" She asks. "Is that okay?" I ask. "You know it is! What do you want for lunch?" She asks. "Spaghetti" Derek whispers in my ear. "Hey, I'm asking her, not you!" She says. I giggle.

"Spaghetti please" I say. "Yessss!" He picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder. I giggle as he carries me away.

Flashforward:

I hold his hand, looking down at him. Tubes are coming out of his mouth and a machine is bleeping every once in a while, telling you that his heart is still beating.

I lean down, kissing his head. "You can talk to him.. you never know" the doctor says. I sniffle.

"I'm gonna get a coffee.. you want anything?" Carol strokes my hair gently. "No thankyou" I say. She leaves. So does the doctor.

"Um" I wipe my tears. "Hi baby, I'm sorry I haven't visited you more.. I haven't really been dealing with this well" I say tearfully, stroking his hair gently. "You know me.. I'm a drama queen" I chuckle softly but it instead turns into a sob.

"I-I didn't even know if you'd want me here.. you left me" I whisper. "Was that- was that supposed to be your idea of a fucking breakup or something?" I giggle, not actually finding it funny at all.

"Derek, I didn't know how bad your mental health had got.. why didn't you tell me? Did you try to tell me and I just ignored you? I-I'm sorry.. I'm so so sorry" I cry.

I gently pull the bandage down that's covering his arm. I sob as I look at the scars.

"I love you so much it hurts, I have nobody to talk to.. marks there but I can't talk to him the way I could with you.. I dont know what to do baby, I just want you back" I cry.

"Your mom.. um" I stop, sitting next to him. "Your mom doesn't know what to do.. the doctors want to take you off life support but she doesn't know what to do.. she asked me but I don't know either" I stroke his hair.

"You wanted to die.. but if there's even a small chance that you'll wake up, I need it.. I need that chance" I whisper.

"I'm selfish.. but its not like you didn't know that about me anyway.. I mean, you've slept with me, all I care about is myself" I chuckle. I smile small. "You would've laughed at that" I whisper.

Tears stream down my cheeks. "Please der, I'll do anything.. we can go to a football game together.. I-I'll never bother you again when you're playing on your PlayStation.. anything.. just wake up" I whisper.