Lianna

Genre: Fantasy

He gestured to silence me. I know it's the right thing to do. Somehow, in between life and death, I feel safe and protected. I seem can't see the end yet. I seem cannot foresee the light. As long as he was with me, I know I can survive.

The helburns drastically entered our headquarters killing every security we have. Our troops were already falling down. The Alpha One was down. Beta Two was out. Frensure was the only left in Alpha Three. And now, Hellburns had finally arrived at us, the protector. Everything was planned. And though we have been getting ready for this, we are still outnumbered.

Hellburns are more powerful than us. Their power to control fire outruns our power to control the wind. Even the Earthlandia and Atlania cannot defeat them. And all these years, they have been after for the Trisium light - the powerful scepter of the late King Clestovia, a Wintlodian, who can control all of the elements. However, instead of making all four to be properly reigned by him, the Hellburns had been eager to rule our kingdom, the Elementum. So they killed King Clestovia but the scepter was already at the hand of Mabel, the daughter of King Clestovia who happens to be my mother, running away to the ruined old kingdom.

My mother, a half Wintlodian and Atlanian, was killed together with my father years ago when Hellburns discovered that Enrico, a hellburn, had an affair with her. Nobody knew what happened or how they were killed, their bodies were just found besides each other in the middle of Sendova. And so my twin brother, Eric and I were left on the custody of the elders.

We grew up being together. We are inseparable, I and he, always a duo. But I happened to be the damsel in distress, him the knight in shining armor. Whoever hurts me, was punished. He was a natural combatant. He can overpower those with the ability to control water. And I happened to be falling in love with him more and more every day.

The day I said I love him was the day he kissed me on my lips the first time. He did not answer my plea of love for him but his kiss made me feel I was being loved, too. After that day, he seldom makes a conversation with me. There was an instant gap between us; somehow, he never let me be out of his sight. He was more careful to me. And when he looks right to my eyes, I felt it was no longer a look of love for a sister anymore, he was looking at me in a different way.

The first kiss became two, three, until we found each other being together in bed. Barefoot, only the two of us in a dim light. No one knew about us, nobody should. Until this day, it was the two of us who knew how we felt for each other. Never been said, but always felt.

He held my hand tighter. "Never let go," he said.

We are silently crouching at a solid table of our headquarters. He was holding the long scepter of Trisium on his right, and my hand on his left. The elders gave the custody of it to him because of his ability, not to include that the elders had also predicted that he might have the ability a hellburn has. He was older than me, and it was believed that the eldest has most of the power his parents have.

I nodded in response, never making a sound. If this could be the end, then I'd die with him. And maybe after life, we can be together without thinking about the world might say.

He silently turned the small amount of water in front of us into a water dragon to divert the attention of the hellburns inside our headquarters so we can escape. We immediately run towards the door as the hellburns are fighting for their life. The hellburns threw fire bullets at us, but we managed to run fast and crouch them all, without letting go of each other's hand. We took the way to the basement. From there, we made our way out of the headquarters.

Panting, he helped me get up.

We saw our quarters looking like hell. The cries of our fellow break my heart, but this is life, we need to survive. I leaned in his broad chest to find security. He hugged me back as an answered.

"What happens next after this, Eric?" I asked him

"I don't know. All I know is we need to keep this scepter safe," he said.

"Does this mean we are free now?"

"We are always free, Liana." And he kissed me on my forehead.

I felt secured with him. I never wanted to see my fellow be shattered, but seeing myself building a family with him, makes me feel happier. Flashes of a child came into my mind. Him hugging my back as I prepare bread, seeing him smile at me, freedom; it all registered in my memory. He was my life. And I can give up everything for him.

"Bravo, bravo."

Someone at our back clapped loudly. We turned to face the intruder, only to see Melbourn in his favorite black suit.

"What a heart shattering moment to see the beautiful siblings of Mabel loving each other," he mocked a smile at us. "So, blood is thicker than water, eh? That's why you have finally fallen for each other?"

Silence. Not one of us responded on his question. Melbourn look as lunatic as ever. His piercing in his under lip makes him look like an addict. His tiptoe makes a sound at the ground. He hummed a bridal sound. He's mocking us. And I felt every strand of my hair stand.

"Lianna, do you take Eric as your lovingly loyal wedded husband, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?" He motioned back in forth in his place. Still, I did not catch his assault of mocking us.

"Eric, do you take Lianna as your lovingly loyal wedded wife, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?" He added afterwards.

I looked up at Eric only to see him in a fierce look. He was scared too, but protecting me is what more important to him.

"Well then, before I pronounce you husband and wife, let me get that scepter of yours." He then flashed a scorching fire ball at us. We fell apart. My body aches by that attack. It was hard for me to get up.

I saw Eric get up fast. He opened the bottle he always bring and throw the water at Melbourn. But before it landed at Melbourn's face, it turned into a beautiful water dragon. It hit Melbourn but he shielded himself with firewall. Eric then run fast to Melbourn and attack him. They battled. Eric punched him hard, but Melbourn stood up firmly. But this was never a good luck for my Eric, Melbourn hitted him with his fire sword and it goes directly at his stomach making him weak and can not fight anymore. That's when adrenaline hit me. I stood up fast to reach Eric. I hugged him as he was slowly falling. I panicked when I saw his body full of blood. I called his names three times but he's just looking at me.

"Eric don't die," I cried. "I love you, Eric. Even if we are a twin, I love you." I continued crying. "Please tell me you love me too, I'll die for you." Tears continuously drifted down my face.

"Lianna, my love, I love you." I know it was hard for him to speak anymore but he managed to make it clearer. "I always do. The fact is, we have always been free, you and me. I was never your brother or your twin, I was a son of an Atlanian friend of Mabel who died when he gave birth to me, the day she gave birth to you. And so Mabel took me with her and treated me as her own child. I'm sorry I never told you this but I was only protecting you. Lianna, you posseses a power that no Elementian can have. Mabel made trick to hide it all in your body, it's time for you to free it. I love you, Lianna. Fight for Elementum, fight for me." He held my face for the last time, as a return, I kissed him passionately. But in the middle of the kiss, he let go of his last breath

If only I have the power to heal him. If only I have the power to resurrect him, I will let him live. I will give him breath. I will do anything to keep him alive. But I don't have. Only tears can accompany me now. No Eric, no Elementum friends. It was only my tears and this lunatic guy, Melbourn.

Melbourn, on the other hand, reached for the scepter and was about to leave but I stopped him.

I stood up. I felt a rushing anger all over me. It brought me something I can't explain. Power. Like something inside my heart crashed like a broken glass. And I felt like it's spreading on my veins, to my soul, into all of me. And like a speed of light, I released a crystal-like sword into my hand and attacked Melbourn into full force.