Wild Awake

Genre: Fantasy

I could hear the sound of his bones breaking, snapping and realigning themselves. his pupils dilated and the claws extending from his fingers.

"X-xavier," A chill shoot up my spine, freezing me in place when his glowing deep crimson color eyes met mine.

What's happening?

"Get out of here, Dee!" Xavier gritted out through his teeth or I can safely say that it was more like he growled out. He said each word as if he was having trouble speaking or forming a sentence.

His entire form began to shake as he squeezed his eyes tightly shut. Then suddenly he threw his head back, I watched as his teeth elongate and fur sprouted from every pore in his body. A scream ripped out my mouth as a loud growl made its way out Xavier's mouth.

His clothes ripped during the transition and in less than half a minute his body completed the transformation. The black wolf in front of me shook it's coat before its head snapped in my direction. Saliva dripped from its sharp teeth that snapped as it growled.

I shot out of bed, my forehead drenched in sweat, my hands shaking, and breathing heavy. My throat was dry as if I had been in the desert, my heart pounded furiously inside my chest. I ran my hand through my hair, tugging slightly, trying to distract myself from remembering that night.

I glance at my alarm clock on the night stand and it's just half past ten in the night. In less than two hours, it will be my birthday but I don't feel like it. It has been two days since that awful night and all I did was caging myself here in my room. No one tried to approach me except for my dad who was saying his deepest sorry for not having the guts to tell me the truth about Xavier. That truth about Xavier being a werewolf.

I slowly get off my bed. Grabbing fresh clothes out of my closet before limping towards the bathroom. Half an hour later, I step out of my room wearing a white tank top, a black short and a running shoes. I'm planning to jog around the area. I strapped two daggers at my leg and a gun with silver bullets for safety purposes because having this weapons was necessary for being a hunter.

Hunter. Yes, I'm a hunter and, so as my dad and Xavier. We hunt werewolves, they are beast disguised as human.

Before I even got halfway through the hall, I noticed a stream of light coming through my father's study room. Before I can stop myself, I'm already walking towards the door and pushed the door open.

"Dad?" Dad looked up at me and smiled.

"Diana." He got up from his chair, walked towards me and hugged me into a bone crushing hug. I snuggled at his chest, calming at his embrace.

"Dad, I w-want to know..." I stuttered.

"Take a sit, sweetheart." He gestures to me the chair in front of his table, and I obeyed him as he sit at his chair over the table. "They are two possible ways how can a human can change into a werewolf, Diana. Either they were inborn, pure bloods or a human who are bitten by a werewolf will transform into werewolf. Only two fates awaits to those who have been bitten by a werewolf, Diana."

"I know, dad. They either die from the extreme wounds made by the werewolves or if they were unlucky, they survive, tormented every day of their lives by the fact they transformed into a werewolf. So, you were saying that-"