45. Georgina

I can still feel my whole body shaking after what happened at yesterday's game. The whole time I see the paramedics carried Auston's unconscious body out of the rink, I was freaking out demanding Liam that we should go check him. Sadly, we just can't do it!

We didn't finished watching the game because I was already crying and freaking out like crazy after what happened.

Everything just happened so fast, Auston and I were just looking at each and the next thing I thought a player from the opposing team bumped into him sending him to crash his whole weight at the boards. He passed out on the spot, seeing the incident his whole team came into his rescue causing great commotions and even fights within the rink.

It's been five hours passed, and I only slept for like two hours. I'm constantly checking news about Auston online, to check on how he is. I tried texting Morgan and his wife Kate. I also messaged Mitchy on his social media accounts in the hopes of getting noticed. I also tried texting Auston's number hoping that maybe one of his family can answer me. But there's zero response from anyone of them.

"Oh my god!!" I groaned throwing my phone in complete frustration as tears starts to form on my eyes.

"George, you better go get some sleep." Liam suggested. "You only slept for like an hour or so."

"I can't sleep!" I replied. "I won't feel alright if I don't get any information about how was Auston."

Liam sighed. "The Leafs' management socials just posted that Auston is okay and only got minor injuries. So calm the fuck down!"

"I can't. What if-- what if they're just saying that to avoid fans from freaking out. What if he's not really okay?"

"Now, you're overreacting." Liam said. "Stop overthinking! He is alright. Just trust the management."

"Urgh!"

"Better get some sleep George, seriously." Liam suggested cozying himself right next to me in bed. "Jezz! It is still four a.m., for Pete's sake Georgina! We'll find a way how to contact and visit Auston in the morning. Just please, let's get some sleep!"

I can't sleep. I will never be able to go to sleep. However I just listened to what my cousin said, I tried calming myself. For sure they will take good care of Auston, but I swear my heart will never ever going to be at peace if I won't be able to see Auston's situation in person...

--

I decided to get out of bed at exactly seven in the morning the next day, I am not sure if how many hours or even minutes I slept. Because the whole time I was just checking the internet looking for any update about Auston, and also waited for people that I have contacted to reply but still it was nothing.

I took a quick shower and fixed myself, when I went out Liam is already fixing the bed yawning.

"Did you even slept?" Liam asked in his morning voice.

"Not sure." I answered.

"Did any of Auston's friends replied?"

I sighed in complete dismay, but right before I answered no to my cousin my phone standing on the night stand started ringing.

"Oh my god! Maybe it's an update." I said as I ran to pick it up. "It's Kate."

"Kate?"

"Morgan Rielly's wife." I answered sliding the screen to answer her call. "Hey Kate! I am really sorry for texting and trying to reach you non-stop."

"It's alright Georgina... I completely understand." She responded sweetly.

"Any chance that you know how was Auston?" I immediately asked.