7. Georgina

So I’m back here in Toronto, and I’m officially gonna be staying here for the next two months or beyond that who knows when!

Our family’s business here in Toronto needs my help. I’m not completely selfish, I know how to set aside my own problems from the family’s business problem. At the end of the day even though I’m still upset with my mom, she still has a place here in my heart.

Besides, I’m more like hitting two birds with one stone in this situation. Agreeing to work and help the company here in Toronto gives me the time to process my divorce papers. I seriously hate dealing with it but I don’t have a choice either. I want us to start working on our divorce as much as possible and I want to finish all the legal papers quickly right before I go back to Denver or maybe head to Arizona to accept the project my father promised me.

I’m completely aware that processing a divorce takes time but we can absolutely make the said process quick because of our situation.

First, we are complete strangers with one another. The wedding was totally informal, so was the signing of marriage contract because we’re both drunk. We didn’t lived together, not even once. We’re not even friends and the list goes on.

We have people who will attest to that, so the case is surely an easy one. All I just have to do is to make that stupid Auston to cooperate, because based on what he said to me the first night we met, he is not interested on helping me out.

He clearly take this whole thing as a complete joke. He’s a huge ass smug.
I honestly hate him!

“Hey, call me when you need anything. I just have to run some errands and I won’t be back for few hours.” I told Liam when I get into his office. I’ve been starting to work under the department of operations for three days now ever since I came back.

“Why? Where are you going?” Liam asked without looking at me as he still busies himself typing something on his laptop.

“I’m meeting a client.” I said completely trying myself not to stutter or else he’ll think that I’m lying or something.

“You know that you’re handling the operations rather than being on the field yourself right?” He asked looking up on me.

Shoot!

“I know that!” I answered immediately as I think of a quick alibi. “But this client is a friend. It’s actually the one I told you about.”

“Oh, okay! I’ll call you when I need you. You go ahead.” Liam said which made me sigh, completely relieved that he didn’t bothered to ask further questions.

When I left the building, I immediately grabbed my phone to text Auston to meet me up at this restaurant uptown in thirty minutes. However, as I open my phone screen I he have already sent me two messages ten minutes ago.

  Auston: I’m not free until lunch. I have a meeting.

  Auston: can we reschedule it?

No fucking way!

I’m pretty clear about not wasting my time and this is what he’s doing? I’m not rescheduling it, so I shoot him a text back. He’s surely doing this on purpose!

Me: where r u? I’m coming at u.

Fifteen minutes later and I haven’t received any reply from him I dialled his number but unfortunately, all my calls just went to voice mail. Now I’m frustrated!

Instead of waiting for another minute, I decided to ride a taxi heading to their team headquarters which I don’t know where but luckily the driver of the taxi knows where it is so I just asked him to drop me there. Few minutes later the taxi driver dropped me at the main entrance of the Scotiabank Arena.