14. Auston

"How's going on between you and Georgina now eh?" Morgan asked when he saw me right away.

The rest of the team is here in a five star hotel in town attending a kids charity event. As we all waited for the event to start, Morgan never passed the opportunity to come chat with me.

"She was with me earlier today, helping me to get a lawyer." I answered.

"She's really eagier to break up with you." Morgan commented chuckling.

"We're not breaking up. We're not a thing in the first place." I said chuckling but to be honest, part of me hurts especially when I see her eagier enough to void the marriage.

I mean I want it too because I don't want to get married but I'm starting to have a huge crush on her, and it hurts because she doesn't feel the same since she's fucking taken. Guess what I'm feeling right now is same as what they all say, you always want what you can't have.

Ten minutes before the program officially starts, to my great surprise Georgina showed up. Looking even more beautiful with her ponytailed hair, she looks a legit businesswoman tonight with her tux. Quite intimidating if you don't know her personally.

"Is that Georgina?" Mitch asked elbowing me, as the both of us stares on the newly arrived people.

"Yeah." I answered. "But pretend like you don't know her, otherwise she'll kill me."

As much as I want to say hi, I remained still sticking with my teammates. I well remembered all the things that she said and that is no one should know about our situation. The whole time I was just looking at her at the far end corner of the room, she's busy mingling with the A-lister people in the event. As far as I know, her father is one of the biggest real estate owner in the west coast so there's no surprise that she embodies a business woman aura herself. And besides, she's an architect and the only heiress that will takeover her father's business sooner or later.

She is trained for this lifestyle.

We belong to a very different world, I am just a hockey player. What am I going to use to compete against her businessman boyfriend? A stick and puck to impress her? For sure she is not into sports-- not into me! To be straightforward.

When the event finally started, I focused myself on what is happening around rather than focus on George. The night is basically raising funds for the kids who are fighting against cancer disease, and me and the rest of our team is here to help in raising funds for them.

While I busied myself from watching a little presentation made by the kids at the stage, I suddenly felt that someone nudged me on the side. It was Georgina.

"Hey." She greeted.

"Georgina!" I said a bit surprised seeing her beside me smiling.

She giggled. "Why do you look so surprised?"

I look around making sure that nobody sees us however basing on where we are, of course, people will see us.

"Because I thought no one should know anything about us." I said whispering.

She chuckled. "It's fine. As long as we won't actually announce it. Just like what you always do!"

"Sorry." I said smirking.

"Besides, I feel kind of out of place in here. I need a friend."

"You don't look like you're out of place, based on the way I see you are enjoying it."

"Fake it until you make it, dumbass!" She answers. "Like it's as if you haven't done that."

"Fair enough."