38. Auston

"Why do you have to pick such a late flight schedule, híjo?" My mom complains but still pulled me into the tightest hug that I fucking needed. Oh!  I miss my mom so much.

"Hey there big man!" My dad greets slapping my hands and pulled me for a hug too. "How's the flight?"

"Good." I said sighing as I adjust the bag swinging up on my shoulder.

When everyone hopped inside the car, my mother didn't hesitate on asking some updates about me. One thing I love about my family everytime I'm home is they never talked about my hockey career, I'm just me. Guess having a non-traditional hockey family will give you that type of benefit.

"You look like shit." My mother commented reaching for my baseball cap and remove it. Instead of feeling awkward I just happen to smirk since I find it really funny to hear my mom curse with her Mexican accent. "What is happening? You don't look like this mess during the break."

I only sighed. I know that the atmosphere changed after I sigh in complete frustration as silence took over inside the car. My mom and dad just looked at me and to each other looking a bit disturbed.

"I'm tired mom." I finally sounded. "Let's just talk first thing tomorrow morning."

The next day, I woke up early as five in the morning. As per usual everytime I'm home, I went for a walk at one of the hike spots nearby together with Felix but this time I bring Nala with me, my sister Alex's dog. Felix is still in obedience school when I left I won't be seeing him until next week. Good thing my sister is going to Toronto for a job, so she'll pick my dog up.

As I opened my phone to listen to some music, I started listening to all the voice messages G have sent to me in the past couple of days. To be honest, I start to regret that I brought my phone with me. I went back here in Scottsdale to breathe, and not to deal with anything that involves Georgina. I already finished it when I finally signed the divorce papers.

I love her, I really do. I fell hard! Harder than I thought I did. But she's marrying somebody else, I was clear enough when I told her I want her. But she doesn't want me, so I am letting her go. I blamed myself for appearing in her life, now things got messy for her.

Another voice message came in, but instead of listening to it. I finally decided to block her, pressing the button block squeezes my heart. It's better this way! Things will be better for her when I finally went out of the picture.

I made it back home just in time for breakfast. Everybody is already having some kind of conversation when I came inside the dining area, when they noticed me the conversation ended abruptly which is kind of confusing.

"How's the morning hike with Nala? Was she a good girl?" Alex asks when I settled on my seat ready to eat breakfast.

"Yup!" I replied sipping on the fresh mango juice and started devouring the toasts and bacons in front of me.

I was too busy eating silently for a couple of minutes right before I noticed that everyone around me stopped eating and just looked at me.

"What?" I ask looking at them wondering. They only looked at me and towards each other. I know what's coming, so instead, I sip on my juice again and waited for them to put me on the hot seat. "Let it out guys."

I heard my mom sigh. "So... About what you said last night."

I swallowed the lump that is growing inside my throat. I never thought that opening about this to my family will make me this nervous and emotional.

"Mind to tell us what's going on, Auston?" My mom added.

I cleared my throat to brace myself.

"I got married." I dropped.

"What?!" My mom exclaimed.

"I knew it!" Alex reacts looking like she just won the lottery.

"¡Díos mio!" My mom exclaimed again while doing the sign of the cross. "¡es mejor que estés bromeando, Auston!"

"Emma." My Dad called tapping my mom signaling her to calm down.

"What?!" My mom said looking at my dad, I don't know if she is shocked or angry this time. "Your son got married without us knowing what do you expect me to do?"

"Will you just calm down and let your son finish talking?" My dad said, thankfully he is calm. I admire his control to be honest.

"Dad's right mom." Alex seconded.

"Shut up Alex," My mom said adjusting on her seat. "You knew there is something wrong going on but you didn't told us."

"Mom, it was just a speculation." My big sister reasoned out. "I even find it hilarious when I tried to think about it not until now. Turns out it was true!"

"How did this all happened son?" My Dad asked.

I sighed. "It was an accident Dad."

"How come you got married by accident?" My mom inserted again with her angry Mexican accent. "What? You just accidentally signed a marriage contract with your girlfriend at a department store? Wait--- do you even have a girlfriend?"

"Emma... Let him finish." My dad reminded mom again. "Go ahead son."

"I don't even remember much about it, but it happened more than two years ago." I continued. "We partied, I got drunk. One of my teammates dared us to marry a random girl we hang out with at that night. They found a lawyer and got some marriage contracts to sign on. And nobody knows what happened next. We just found out two years later that that joke went legalized."

"You should stop partying from now on!" My mom warned.

"How come you didn't told us?" Alex asked.

"Because what's the point?" I answered. "The moment G and I knew we are married, we agreed on filing a divorce the first time we see each other after two years. We don't even know each other, we're strangers."

"When you said G," my big sister catched that. "Is that Georgina?"

"You know the girl?" My mom asks.

"Well," Alex hesitated looking at me but she answered mom's question anyway. "Auston introduced her to us before when he FaceTimed us once. And I also happen to accidentally read some of their phone conversations."

I rolled my eyes, nosy sister as ever!

"You could have just told us so that we are able to help you handle the case." My father suggested.

"The other party got it handled dad, and it was better since I don't want this silly incident to go public." I answered. "I already signed the divorce papers yesterday morning."

"Very well then! There's nothing to overreact now Emma." My Dad said while assuring my mother. But my mom still looking way too bothered.

"Dad's right mom, calm down. Everything is alright! Your son is not married, anymore." I made it sound like a joke but my heart is actually aching as I say those words.

I admit, I still want to be married to Georgina....