6. Auston

The sore lose against St. Louis was totally hard on the guts. We’re so close at taking them over but our efforts wasn’t enough, plus I got injured myself and had to rest for a week. It’s been three days passed since the team lose the game and I am not going to lie the whole three days was me staying inside my apartment refusing to go out because I was totally not in the mood.

That game probably became my last game for Maple Leafs in case I got traded. I was hoping that we’ll make it to the playoffs or to the championship but we fucking didn’t. I’m not blaming myself or anyone on the team I am just way too upset and disappointed knowing that once the game season is over I’m going to be a free agent and get traded. The off-season is still few months away and waiting for that without me playing is just way too long.

“Come on, let’s check on your shoulders.” My big sister Alex said as she seats right next to me. She arrived here in Toronto from Arizona two days ago to visit and check up on me. I adjusted on my seat and let her put a heat compressor on my shoulder.

As Alex starts to do her thing, my phone that is on the coffee table lits up. My sister was fast enough to reach it and since I am way too concerned that what if the text is from Georgina talking about our marriage I immediately snatched it out from Alex's grip.

Speaking of marriage, I talked to Mitch via phone yesterday telling him about my current situation and just like me and the rest of us who knows about it, he doesn’t know how the marriage got legalized. All he knew was that he returned it to his friends who lend him the papers and who knows where the hell it goes. Obviously, to legalization.

She furrowed her eyebrows. “Chill out bro, I’m not eavesdropping on your messages.”

I didn’t responded, instead I stared on her giving her the message to never do it while I read the message but since I don’t trust her, I slightly positioned the phone in a direction where she has no way to see it.

Seriously, I’m secretly hoping that it is from Georgina. It’s been a week since the last time she texted me and every time I tried to drop her a call she doesn’t answers.

  Georgina: we need to talk tomorrow at 9. I’ll txt u where.

I don’t know what the hell is wrong with me right now, but I kinda feel excited to see her again.

Me: my place? ;)

Georgina: I’ll txt u where.

Me: ur place here in Toronto maybe? You still live on the same address? I can come over and meet ur family.

Georgina: don’t u dare go there or I’ll kiss you!

The last three words she texted got me surprised, but she immediately shoot another text to correct her mistake out.

  Georgina: I meant KILL u! Autocorrect.

  Me: Riiiiight, autocorrect.

  Georgina: Shut it!

  Me: u sure u don’t want to kiss me?

  Georgina: dream on. Never! Ur the last person I wanted to kiss.

  Me: of course I am. I’m ur husband after all.

  Georgina: Goodnight, Auston!

I couldn’t help but smile as I place my phone back down. I really like teasing her to be honest.

“Who was that?” Alex voiced out which made me to realize that I have a company just next to me and I am smiling at the moment like a complete idiot.

“Nothing. Just a friend.” I replied but she only raised her eyebrows looking way too suspicious of me. “What?”

“Is there something you’re not telling me, Hermanito?” She asked as she puts the compressor on the coffee table.

“I don’t.”

“Alright, so who’s Georgina?” She challenged crossing her arms.

I dropped my jaw. “How did you know about Georgina? Did you went through my phone?”

She just shrugged.

“You just told me that you’re not eavesdropping on my text messages.” I complained.

“Yeah, but I did not said that I didn’t accidentally eavesdropped on your text messages.” She replied which only made me but to stare on her in complete disbelief.

Did I mention that I am also freaking out? No one knows in my family that I am married, and no one should because I don’t think they’ll be happy on it.

“So who’s Georgina?” Alex asked again. “Is she your girlfriend?”

“Nope.”

“Special friend?”

“No.” I answered. “Are we done here?”

“Nope. Not until you tell me the truth.” My sister said and I know for a fact how she gets way too prying sometimes so no matter how I try to refuse to answer her questions she’ll surely gonna bug me to no end.

“Alright, she’s a friend.” I honestly answered although I’m still not sure if we are friends because based on the way she treats me she doesn’t want me to be one.

“A friend you call ‘wifey’?”

“Hey, why are you still asking when you’ve already formulated a conclusion yourself?”

“I just want to hear it straight from you, jerk!” She snapped.

“You’re in no position to call me that Alex, you’re in my house.” I said pointing at her.

“Like I care?” She said glaring. “By the way, what’s your plan now Auston? Are you coming home to Arizona one of these days?”

“No.” I said straight away. “I still have to fix further papers with my management first.”

Well fuck that!

I actually don’t care about my management and their plans about my careee once the game season ends. To be honest, I thought about playing for my hometown Arizona but I’m still not fully sure about it. Besides, the new game season is still few long months away and I have a serious problem to fix at the moment.

My goddamn marriage!

And speaking of my management, Jake just texted me that I am having an emergency meeting at the headquarters tomorrow.

Great! I’ll totally expect that Georgina will nag at me if I’ll bail on her tomorrow.