18. Georgina

As I walk on the hallway heading to the door of my office, everybody is smiling on me greeted me good morning. Some of them even greeted me a happy birthday.

The energy in the office is just up in the roof and I don't even know if it's just because tomorrow is Friday or this is just how my mom's employees feel if someone is celebrating their birthday.

"Good morning Miss Rodriguez... Happy birthday!" My secretary Daisy greeted when I was about to open my door.

"Thanks! Please tell Liam didn't planned on any office celebration or nothing because I hate that!" I said.

She smiles widely. "Oh no! He didn't."

"Okay..." I slowly said and walk towards her table. "Then what's up with all these energy?"

"Oh no! It's nothing Miss, but I'll hope you'll enjoy the day!"

I only smiled as I fish my vibrating phone, I already started my day with annoyance and in complete wonder about how come fiancé didn't called me back this morning.

Today is my actual birthday, normally he calls me very early in the morning every time he's not home during this occasion. But now? No Sean! Not even a single text!

I sighed to release my frustrations and slide my phone screen to answer Auston's call completely hoping that this man won't ruin my day even more!

"Hi wifey! Good morning!" He greeted which made me almost drop my phone. He's clearly shouting on the other end of the line and now he is singing happy birthday out of tune which made me to laugh.

"Dude! Calm down, you just broke my eardrums!" I said.

"Sorry, was just too excited. Do you have anything to do tonight?"

"To be honest, I don't." I said thinking that if Sean was here I definitely would. "Do you have one?"

"What time are you off from work?"

"Around five. Why?"

"I'll come pick you up! I'm taking you somewhere. You cool with that?"

Stupidly, I said yes. Not even giving myself some time to think but oh well I had to distract myself about how sad my birthday this year would be.

After I hang up, I walked in to my office only to be surprised by the amount of white roses filling up the whole room. My jaw literally dropped on the floor as I slowly walk inside.

"Oh my god! Who did this?" I said.

And Daisy who is now tailing me laughs like a five year old kid and answers my question. "There's a letter left on your table Miss! Go check it out and find out who! Guess you already know where it's from."

I smiled so widely, as I smelled all the flowers trying to find a card to confirm where it exactly came from, a part of me stupidly thinks that it is from Auston. However, I know for a fact that these are all from Sean. He's fund of grand gestures.

And as I open the small card slipped on a huge bouquet of roses, it is indeed from Sean.

Happiest Birthday my women!
Missing you everyday...

Love,
                     Sean xx

I sighed after reading the card and put it on top of my empty table which happens to be the only empty spot around my office. I should kinda feel excited with these surprise but there's something off, well I definitely know what it is. I want him to come home already and celebrate my birthday with me. Damn! Is this going to be our life if we get married? We've been separated for over a year now, he is barely home. Guess I'll add on the list of my conditions and terms the 'no living away from each other' rule right before I agree to finally tie the knots.

After I'm done at the office, I took off at around four so that I'll have time to prepare for tonight. I'm kind of excited about where Auston's taking me to. I already texted him that I'll wait for him at my new apartment, I texted him the address since I just moved in there.

  Auston: why didn't u tell me u got a new home?

  Me: i just didn't. Who r u anyway?

  Auston: ur fucking husband!

  Me: don't get too comfy. we're getting a divorce.

  Auston: we'll see.

I rolled my eyes as I dial his number as I take the elevators on the way to my floor, he is really fund of getting into my nerves and tease me at the same time about him not agreeing to get our divorce. I shake my head at how stupid and crazy I am for somehow feeling like not also agreeing on the divorce. Because to be honest, Auston is growing on me.

It's crazy!