33. Auston

I walked outside of the restaurant carrying the whole world in my back! Everything is just fucked up! I got fucked up!

"Auston!" Somebody called, and I know that voice. I didn't looked back and just continued walking down to my car.

"Auston!"

"Are you going to tell him?" I ask not looking back and just continued walking.

"Auston! We need to talk!" She calls again.

"Are you going to tell him?"

"Please, listen to me!" G says. "I didn't know he was coming!"

"Are you going to tell him?!" I said in complete frustration and stopped walking to face her.

"I don't know!" She said as tears starts running down her face. "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" I said trying to be calm as much as possible. Because right now, I am way too angry and I know I should not feel this way since it is not my place! I was the side guy and I am well aware of it, and that therefore I should not feel like this!

"What? I just happen to be a guy who gives you the fun that you've been wanting, but then when your rich boyfriend comes home. You'll get rid of me like some kind of a toy?" I added.

"How dare you talk to me like that? You don't know anything about my life!"

I released a chuckle. "Well damn right G, I do!"

"Oh yeah, you do?" She challenged. "Well, I know about your goddamn life too Matthews! You see something that you want and you chase it without thinking about anyone but yourself!"

"G, I want you!" I cut her off. "All I know is that I want you."

She looked at me, silent for few seconds. "We never talked about what this was! It just happen so fast Auston, we--"

"So fast? No, G! We both know this was coming. We just didn't acknowledged it! Right now, let's do!" I started. "We had an amazing months Georgina, amazing things that I don't even want to end and I wish for more! All you have to do is just say the word, G!"

"No." She said shaking her head as tears continuously running down her face. "How am I suppose to know if you'll save me? Catch me?"

"Georgina, I love you!" I said cupping her face, relieved that I am finally able to touch her face. I inched closer letting our nose brush into each other, feeling each other's breathe. "I won't get tired of saying this every day, I love you. G, from the moment you walked into that restaurant the first time we met I know that I'll spend the rest of my days with you. We even got married accidentally! I know we're meant to be together. Just please, come home with me, baby!"

She's still looking at me crying real hard as I wipe the tears on her face. "You will always have me, G. Now let's go there and tell 'em about us."

She didn't gave me an answer.

"Just say the word." I said still cupping her face waiting for her to say yes.

"I... don't... know..." the only words she said.

My whole world crumbles after hearing those words. I released her surrendering as I slowly walked in backwards looking intently at her. I love G, but I don't want to force her to be with me because she is taken.

If you love someone, you have to let them go. You have to let go. I specifically told myself that if she's willing to take the risk I'll do anything for her.

And yet, here we are!

Here I am... Not getting the exact words I needed to hear inorder to take the risk and pursue her.

I can't have her...

"Auston, no!" She says reaching for me but I keep backing up.

"It's okay... It's alright." I said and finally left not looking back this time.

"No, don't go!" She shouts but I ignored her. Things will get worse if we keep doing this, she'll get what she wants soon.

The signed divorce papers.