35. Georgina

"Georgina, you need to eat more than that! You've been eating like a bird in the past two weeks, that is not good anymore." My mom complains for the nth time since I began staying here in her house. She's been nursing my sorry ass for days, even decided to file a work leave to go take care of me. I don't actually need it and I told her that she needs to go to work but she refuses and insists on looking out for me.

"I don't have the appetite mom..." I responded and put my spoon down on the table deciding not to eat more than just two bites off of the pancake she made. Ever since that tragic night happened all I did was just lock myself inside my mom's guest room, this is the first time I went out and decided to stop sulking.

I sighed thinking how in just a matter of months my almost perfect life suddenly became a really fucked up one.

My father personally went here at my mom's house last week to announce right in front of my face that I no longer have the rights to any of our family's wealth, he automatically removed me to be one of the heirs of the multiple companies our family owns. Basically, he just disowned me that's all.

For Auston, he doesn't pick up any of my calls it all just went to voicemail and doesn't reply on my texts because I really wanted to talk and apologize for what happened. But that did not stop me from letting him know I was sorry, I still sent him long voice messages and texts telling him that I regret not telling him what I feel, only because of the fact that I was scared. I was scared about my Dad's disappointment leading myself to be imprisoned on doing the things that doesn't make me happy or against my will.

Tears started falling out of my eyes again, discreetly removing it right before my mom notices.

"I'll just go upstairs mom and eat if I feel like it. I just want to be alone." I politely said.

I heard my mom sigh but instead of saying any word, she just let me to. When I got back inside my room, I immediately grab my phone to check if there's any reply coming from Auston. Yup! The only person that I am really anticipating to contact me is only him. Not my Dad and absolutely not Sean, however to my dismay the text that is currently appearing on my screen is from the latter person. I'm actually surprised that his name is flashing on the screen demanding to talk.

I hesitated to return the text back, it took me longer than ten minutes to shoot a text back. I sighed right before typing.

   Me: when?

   Sean: now. If that's alright.

I got anxious right in a second, making me a huge coward. But then I reminded myself that if I keep on avoiding certain problems all the time, it won't end. I won't have actual peace. So I mentally pat myself and agreed into meeting him. It's better that his the one who demanded for us to talk, and aside from that I want to apologize. This time things have calmed down for the both of us so it is much better than the last time. Also, I want us to have a proper closure. We've been together since college, our families became one due to our arranged marriage. Therefore, we really need to settle everything!

--

Later that night, I drove downtown to go meet Sean at our agreed meeting place. My mom insisted on coming along just in case I need help if Sean starts to stir up and make some drama but I told her not to.

When I entered the said restaurant, I saw Sean seating at the far end corner of the place. Nice to know he chose a spot far away from people. When I arrived, we only managed to say hi to each other awkwardly. No hugs, no kiss on the cheeks, nothing! He didn't bothered to stand up, and I just immediately took my seat.

He calls for the waiter right after I settled myself.

"What's yours?" He politely. Hmmm... Strange!

"Just water," I said. "I won't stick around for long."