1. Georgina

I did indeed missed Toronto.

I’m just too stubborn enough to admit that to myself because of how my life went when I was in here. My childhood years wasn’t my primetime and this very place is a reminder of how bittersweet that memory was. I never wish to go back here again, however, a stupid and silly thing happened that made me found myself up here again.

I just found out that I am married.

I am fucking married for almost two years now! And I don’t even know about it not until the National Statistics Office mailed me a goddamn Certificate of Marriage last week.

My world just went crumbling down when I saw my name in there! It took me three days to think about what happened and as to why I got married that I don’t even have a single clue about!

I have so many what if’s in my head right now thinking what kind of a mess I have put myself into.

What if my Dad beheads me when he found out about this? What if Sean will break up with me?

Jesus! All I am praying right now is no one should ever know about this but only me and this man that I married who by the way, a complete stranger.

All I know is that he is one of the teammates of Mr. Morgan Rielly, my mom’s neighbour before who is a hockey player playing for the Maple Leafs in the NHL.

I seriously don’t even know where to find the Rielly's these days since they're not living next to my mom's house anymore, I’m already here in Toronto for two days now and I still don’t know where to find the said family.

I have been trying to have a contact to them back when I was still in San Francisco but I didn’t get the chance to have one, probably because they don’t know me or maybe they do but they just don’t entertain people who tries to reach them through internet or something, I don’t really know.

And because I am desperate, I need a help from my mom. She’s pretty close to the Rielly's and so I am hoping that she still do talks to them.

To be perfectly honest, the last person that I want to see right now is my own mother. But I am desperate enough to ask for her help since she’s the only one who I suspect that do have close contacts with the Rielly family.

The taxi stopped in front of my mom’s house.

I’m a bit anxious, she doesn’t know I’m coming today. I didn’t tell her ahead that I was coming since I’m not staying at her house anyway, I just checked in on a hotel. I don’t have plans on being around her and deal with her, I’m in here to fix my own marital status problems.

I went out of the car and head straight to the doors. Right before I pressed the doorbell I gathered myself and took a deep breathe. Few seconds later, my eight year-old half-brother Caleb answered the door. He’s even pretty shocked when he found me standing in front of the door.

“George!” He exclaimed. His reaction makes me feel so guilty. The kid is so keen to me but I don’t know how to reciprocate it because all I see is my mother’s selfishness.

Before I can talk he’s already running back inside the house shouting his lung’s out telling whoever the hell that is in this house that I am here. I entered the house closing the door behind me, I heard some commotions coming from the kitchen and when Caleb returns my mom is already following him.

“Stop playing that joke on me Caleb your sister isn—“ my mom says as she wipes her wet hands using a towel tailing my brother only to be stopped when she sees me standing near the door. The surprise on her face is beyond much and I don’t blame her.
The last time I found myself here was almost two years ago, when Dad forced me to celebrate the Christmas with her but I only ended up partying with our neighbors and accidentally got married!