32. Georgina

I arrived at the restaurant my mom texted earlier, I don't want to go! Because I can't face Sean, nor his family and my parents. Ever since I received the text message from Sean earlier this morning telling that he just arrived here in Toronto to go visit me, my world went upside down. I've seen this one coming, but I did not expect that it will come way too soon!

I slowly walked inside the said restaurant clinging into my purse real hard just to ease the nervousness that I have been feeling all the way up to here. I already spotted them as I walk my way through, Sean saw me first waving at me. I tried to plaster a smile and wave back.

Sean stood up from the table and run to go welcome me. I saw how happy he is and the guiltiness inside me becomes bigger and bigger.

"Hello darling! Oh I missed you!" He greeted hugging me and planted a quick kiss on my lips.

"I missed you too!" I said trying to sound calm.

"Come on! Everybody's waiting. You're five minutes late."

"I know." I replied, because to be honest I don't want to come here in the first place.

When I arrived on the table I greeted my parents and Sean's, also his brothers Steve and Shane.

"Dear! It's very nice to see you again!" Sean's mom Mrs. Parker greeted hugging me real tight.

"It's nice to see you too!"

"How are you Georgina?" Mr. Parker asks.

"Good!" I said while releasing a sigh settling down next to my mom. She's just silent, and I felt her getting awkward in there and so I reach for her shoulders and gave her a side hug. I have an issue with my mom, but right at the moment I know that if I do something stupid tonight she'll have my back.

As we all settled down and dinners have been ordered, everybody is already talking about the usual topic. Family's business. See, this is one thing I hated. We can't enjoy some family dinner without talking about business, especially about merging our family companies right after Sean and I get married.

And as for Sean, I expected that he'll catch up with me while our folks enjoy their boring conversation but no. He's just there leaving me to feel alone and silent. I hate this part of my family and I can't do anything to change it.

I mean, I know that I am way too stupid! I know real well that I hated it but I am not doing anything to change it. I even choose to marry a guy who has the same mindset and kind of life that I hated. I do love my job being an architect, but not like this! I just want to enjoy my craft without having the pressure of running a company. I just want to live life simple and have an actual peace away from the constant board meetings!

"I caught you off guard huh?" Sean silently says making a small conversation with me this time. "I'm sorry I should have just called you sooner, but this break is way too sooner."

"It was a very nice surprise Sean, it's okay." I said smiling, I did miss Sean I have been wanting this for so long and he finally comes to visit.

"Good evening folks!" Someone greeted with a very familiar voice, and as I look up. My whole world stops, making my eyes water almost wanting to cry.

Auston...

What the hell is he doing here?

Sean looks at him, he doesn't have any idea who he is based on his expressions. But his family does the opposite and so was my parents, well except from the wrinkled brows of my father of course.

"Matthews! It's nice to see you out here!" Mr. Parker says shaking Auston's hands.

"Oh! This hockey guy right here did some campaign for our company branch back in Arizona." Mrs. Parker explains.

"Was that the reason why our sales boosted in just a month?" Sean commented.

Steve smirked. "Totally! This guy is huge!"

"Thanks man!" Auston says.

I controlled the tears that is fighting to come out. My throat is aching causing me to drink the nearest glass of water in front of me.

Mr. Parker nodded. "He's got a massive impact, I would say."

"It was pretty descent." Auston replies and everytime I try to look on his face he's looking at me. "Hello Mr. Rodriguez and Olive!"

My dad just nodded.

"Hello, nice to see you Auston!" My mom greeted.

"Oh you all know each other." Mrs. Parker asks.

My dad nodded. "Auston and Georgina here are friends."

"Why don't you just come and join us Mr. Matthews? Sean here just visited from Berlin and we just went here to go celebrate." Mr. Parker offered.

"Thank you Mr. Parker I'd like to. But I have some other errands to go to. I just came by to say hello." Auston replied looking back at me again. "Sean... Georgina..."

The way he says my name implies something different, I know what he saw was something against his will!

"Goodnight y'all!" He says and left.

"That was some young man right there!" Mr. Parker commented looking at Auston walking out, and then changed the topic back to the business.

And I was left there being a total deaf! My whole body was still shaking. Tears may come down in just a few seconds, but right before it does I excused myself real quick!

"Hey G! Where are you going? They're already serving the dinner." Sean called.

"Will you excuse me for a minute?" I said with my voice shaking. "I just need to go use the bathroom."

But I wasn't planning to do so, I need to speak to Auston! I don't know what are we going to talk about but I have to go to him.

So I ran outside of the restaurant, hoping I'd still catch him.