4. Auston

Away games is never as exciting as home games. However, I always feed from the energy of the crowd even if it’s negative just to win a certain game.

We’re currently facing the Oilers tonight, one of the best teams among all the teams in the Canadian division.

And I must say that the game is pretty intense, I noticed and feel like all of the players suddenly became goons themselves. But that doesn't faze me, I'm a pretty huge guy and taller than most people.

It’s the middle of the third period and we’re currently leading with a 4-1 score. They obviously wanted to bounce back, desperate enough to score and beat our asses out.

Justin Holl got the chance to steal the puck from the opponent’s forward and passed it right away to me. I took the d-zone as fast as I could and I can really sense that one of the players from the opponent team is eyeing up behind me trying to steal the puck, sadly, I’m faster than him.

However, he was able to slam me into the boards causing my whole body to ache making my vision into a quick blur. Luckily, I was able to do a drop pass right before the other team steals it and our team captain John Tavares was able to flick a wrist shot causing the scoreboards to light up.

When the buzzer signals the end of the game, we head to the locker rooms with complete bliss from winning 5-1 against Oilers.

As we all catch our breaths and after doing some little ceremony for the said win. Coach Keefe immediately cut the small celebration by roasting us on our mistakes during the game, even if we have won, he still won’t let us celebrate and I understand that. My team haven’t gelled up much considering the fact that we’re already in the middle of the season. The play-offs is looming and yet the whole team’s performance is a huge slack compared last year, we're still placed on number four in our division.

I even have already pre-visioned that the Maple Leafs won’t make it to the play-offs even if Mitch and I are the highest pointers this season its still doesn’t give us the guarantee in securing a slot in the top twelve teams for the playoff games. But we still have more time, maybe, we'll make it I just have to be faithful.

“That was a hard ass hit.” Our team captain JT commented as he sympathetically looked at me while I removed all my gears to check my right side and I can already see a huge reddish spot in there.

This will be a huge bruise for sure!

“This is nothing. I’ll live.” I said and prepared myself to go to the showers but right before doing so, I checked my phone.

Georgina have been texting me non-stop two days after our first meet up at the restaurant, asking if I have already made up my mind about the divorce. I’m not going to lie that checking my phone every five seconds became my habit for almost a week now, and that’s because of her.

  Georgina: have u been thinking? Have u decided yet?

  Me: not yet. I’m still busy w/ my games, wifey! ;)

  Georgina: well then, make it fast!

  Me: I can’t. I’m not the NHL organizer.

  Georgina: I meant about ur decision. Not ur stupid game!

I snorted as I put my phone down and head to go take a shower. Even on text I can still hear her feisty retorts.
And speaking of my decisions, I obviously have already made up my mind.

Of course I don’t want to get married yet. I’m young, I’m living the advantages of a professional hockey life and to be honest it’s really shameful to think that I’m living this crazy life and I chose to settle down at the age of twenty-four.