15. Georgina

After I got off from work, I head straight uptown to go meet Auston to talk about the updates about our case. I'm emotionally and mentally not doing well right now because of the conversation I had with my dad earlier, which was really petty.

We argued only about my birthday for Pete's sake!

He's bringing his grand egocentric party thrower ass all the way here in Toronto and to be honest I am starting to feel tired of it. I don't hate birthdays, I just hate the way how my Dad throws a huge party and I don't like it since I don't know half of the people he invites!

And besides, I wanted a small and simple celebration but my dad disagrees with that idea for many times now. So we ended up arguing on our video call earlier. Hopefully, my meeting with Auston will turn out good tonight or else I'll be double-killed!

When I arrived at the restaurant Austin texted me, he is already waiting.

"Did I make you wait for long?" I asked as he greeted me with a slight hug right before settling to my chair.

"No, I just got here like five minutes ago." Auston answered.

"So, what's the update?" I ask Auston immediately.

"Attorney Fischer have already passed my own statement at the court." He answered. "According to him we'll just wait for few days for some response about the case."

"Oh good!" I replied. "Seriously, we should get it done as fast as we could. What else?"

"That's just it."

I stared on Auston in disbelief. "Really? That's just it?"

He nodded smirking which made my annoyance build up. "Let's go eat. My treat!"

"How am I suppose to eat when I am completely annoyed by your face right now?"

"Girl, calm down! What did I do?"

"You told me that you'll give me an update!"

"I did! Like five seconds ago." Auston barked back.

"You could have just called or texted me!" I replied trying to take a deep breath to indeed calm myself because I seriously wanted to strangle this guy right now.

"I just want to eat out. And besides, you're not fund of answering my texts and calls so I need to caught you off-guard."

"Sorry for that, but really? That's it? That's your reason? You could have just called one of your friends then."

"You are one of my friends now. And besides, I'm giving you an update about our case so I am more like hitting two birds with one stone." He reasoned out which somehow made sense.

I sighed still staring at him in disbelief. "I hate how stubborn you are!"

"The feeling is mutual sweetheart." He replied looking at the menu laid down on the table.

"What did you just call me? Do I look like a nasty overpriced Valentine's candy to you?"

"Hey! Hey! Hey Missy!" He cuts me off. "You've been snapping on me for no reason already. I gave you an update as what I have told you, and now I am treating you for dinner. What's wrong?"

I sighed realizing that Auston was right, he didn't do anything bad and I am here snapping at him eversince I arrived.

"I'm sorry." I said sighing. "Just having a bad day."

"You're on your period?"

"Matthews!"

"What? G, it's normal." He said and called the waiter to give me a glass of water. "Anyway, tell me what's wrong? Come talk to me."