24. Auston

When we arrive at the restaurant Atty. Fischer has arranged for today's meeting, he is already waiting for us.

"Mr. and Mrs. Matthews!" He calls for a greeting which made Georgina to freak out right away.

"Oh please, don't call us that." She said and shook his hands. "We're not the type of married couple you think we are."

I shook his hands too, right before he gestures us to come sit.

"I know, I'm sorry I tend to forget. I'm here to brought you some good news anyway!" He started.

I almost glare my eyes, good news? You mean bad?

"I'm happy to announce that you will now wait for the divorce papers to come out any time soon." Attorney added.

"Right away?" Georgina asks. "There's no need of any court trial or something?"

"The judge who's a great friend of mine honored your evidences and the claims you both have about getting married accidentally and not being officially together even before and after the signing of marriage contract happened." He explains. "Now, we'll just wait for the papers to arrive."

"Well then, that's great!" Georgina says which made my heart shattered into pieces. "Right Auston?"

I nodded. "Yeah, yeah! Great for sure. Approximately, when will the papers arrive?"

"Usually it will took months, but since I have few connections it will arrive maybe in a week or two."

"Right. Maybe just in time I'll get back here." I said causing Georgina to look on my way.

"Why? Where ar---"

"Georgina?" Somebody called out from behind us, as I look back it's a woman on his forty's or something approaching us.

"Mom?" Georgina said in great surprise. She stood up and hug her. "Mom!"

It's her mom, shit!

"Mom! What are you doing here?" Georgina says, her voice is shaking in great surprise.

"I have a meeting with one of our clients. What about you?" Her mom asks and looked at me. "Wait--Auston Matthews you're here!"

"Hello ma'am. Nice to see you again." I said nodding at her.

She continues to point at me. "Caleb was talking about you. Thank you for what you did!"

Georgina faked a laugh, I can really tell. "Well, yeah! Yeah. I forgot about the weekend, I brought Caleb with me." She says looking at my way, I controlled myself not to laugh. This whole situation is very awkward and yet I find it funny.

"Thank you for being so kind, you made my son the happiest." She said.

"Oh it was nothing ma'am."

"Oh no, please. Just call me Olive."

"Mr. and Mrs. Matthews?" Attorney Fischer suddenly voiced out causing for me to jerk out.

Uh-oh!

"I still have another meeting to attend, I'll be updating soon. Okay? I'll go ahead!"

As the man exited, I looked on Georgina and she's in complete frustration currently covering her face with her palms.

"Wha-what did the man just said?" Olive asks in complete confusion. Shit! She heard it. Of course she did! "Mi-- Mr. and Mrs. Matthews? Wha-what the hell is going on?"

"We-- we don't know who that was mom! I--" Georgina tried to lie but I stopped her right away.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Olive " I started. "Yeah, Olive." I repeated. "I ask Georgina to meet me here since I ask for renovations at the house I just bought. I'm also your daughter's client by the way."

"What the hell?" Georgina mouthed when I looked on her, she's currently standing behind her mom so she doesn't see her nervous reaction about what I was going to say.

"That man approached us suddenly offering us some networking investment. He probably was thinking that Georgina and I are married. Because your daughter is wearing a ring! Yeah?"

"Oh yeah!" Georgina inserted. "Probably that man did. It's crazy right mom?"

Her mom nodded.

"Alright! We probably should get going mom, and you too! I think you're client is waiting for you." She suggests.

"Oh yeah! My client." Her mom exclaims. "Anyway, nice to see you again Auston! You should come by at my house any time soon."

"For sure ma'am. One of these days! I'll come buy and hangout with Caleb."

"Alright! Mom you have to go." Georgina inserts again dragging her mom away. "We'll go ahead too! Good luck with you meeting."

"Oh! I thought you two are discussing something i--" Olive says.

"We did! Yeah we did." Georgina cuts. "We're done actually, so we need to go! Right Mr. Matthews?"

I nodded politely trying my best not to laugh or anything and yet I'm grinning quite widely.

As her mom started walking away, Georgina grabbed her bag and orders me to get the fuck out real quick! When we hop back to her car both of us sigh in unison causing for us to laugh together after everything that happened in the restaurant.

"Oh my god!" G exclaims still laughing. "I feel my heart raising!"

"That was really awkward!" I said. "Oh jezz! I can't believe Atty. Fischer said that!"

"I know right? My goodness." G replied starting the car engine. "Should I take you straight to your apartment now?"

"Already? Dude," I said glancing on my wristwatch. "It's still early, why don't we just hangout?"

She looked at me. "And what? Let some random people bump into us again?"

"Come on! Trust me. I know places where we won't get recognize." I said, I heard her sigh.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because I'm bored. And besides, I'm going back to Scottsdale this weekend and be home maybe just in time the divorce papers comes in." I reasoned out, trying to ignore the lump on my throat. My chest gets tighter everytime I think about the divorce papers arriving so soon.

"So? What do you think?" I asked again, she just stared at me.