16. Auston

At this moment, I am supposedly back to Scottsdale by now and already enjoying the early break from the season. But due to my legal problems, I am still here in Toronto dealing with it.

Attorney Fischer and I  discussed my own claims why I wanted a divorce. I stated the whole story and my own personal reason why I wanted it too, and one of the things I said is that I am way too young to be married and that I don't love her-- not even romantically involved with Georgina.

I feel stupid and hypocrite saying those words in front of Attorney Fischer, because I definitely know to myself that I have a huge crush on G. Damn it!

After my quick meeting with him, I called Mitch and Morgan asking if they can come workout with me at the headquarter's gym. Both of them said yes and decided to meet me there in few minutes.

I'm the first one to arrive, probably because it is only ten minutes away from my apartment down to here. I decided to hit the treadmill first for some warm-ups and while I wait for them. I also texted Georgina an update about my meeting today, she didn't replied which should never surprise me.

She's not returning any of my texts in the past three days and my calls only went to voicemail. She's maybe busy at work, or her boyfriend might be in town. Shit! I don't even want to think about it.

Later on, Mitchy and Morgan arrived and we all hit the treadmill together. Nobody said any word, not until we hit three miles and decided to stop to carry some weights.

"What's going on dude?" Mitchy asks removing his earphones.

"Nothing." I lied, because I don't want to talk about how I overthink about Georgina right now. What the fuck is she up to right now? "I was just bored."

"Bored." Morgan repeated. "Bored? Or missing your wifey?

"Shut up! Why would I even miss her?"

"I don't know! You tell me." Morgan answers. Clearly he's teasing me!

I didn't entertain him, instead I started lifting up weights and decided to change the topic talking about our plans during the summer. The two of them are obviously going on a vacation with their partners and family. I on the otherhand kind of still confused on what will I do on that because of the case G and I have, I'll surely spend the rest of my break dealing with the legal papers and stuff.

"Any places in Mexico you want to recommend?" Morgan asks.

"Playa del Carmen is nice." I answered. "But I highly recommend Los Cabos though."

"Alright, I'll tell Kate about it. She's been looking for some places on the internet currently." Morgan says.

"Yo! Auston, your phone's vibrating."

Instantly, I grab my phone secretly wishing that it's Georgina. And thankfully, it is her! Finally after ghosting me for days she decided to call.

"Look at that! You're still alive." I greeted.

"What? You want me dead?" Even if she's on the other end of the line and I can literally see her. Based on her tone she's on his annoyed mood right now.

"You didn't returned any of my texts and calls in the past three days, wifey." I said.

"Ohh... It's the wifey!" I heard Morgan teases.

"Clearly, his face suddenly lights up!" Mitch added which made me to grab the nearest bottle of water on my side and throw it to them.

"Sorry, I was really busy at work and I can't just spend way too much on my phone because my dad is around." Georgina replies, a bit calm.