43. Georgina

I purposely changed into a new number just so I can contact Auston, kinda hoping he hasn't changed his number yet. On the way to Scotiabank arena, I dialed his number. My heart skipped when I heard it ringing, however, he's not answering. As I glance on my wristwatch, the game starts in five minutes, so for sure he already tucked away his phone few minutes ago.

I sighed putting my phone down in dismay.

"No answer?" Liam asks, he's driving me and Caleb to go watch the Maple Leafs and Islanders game.

I don't know where else to catch Auston, but only through watching his game. I know there's a fifty-fifty chance that he'll see me in the crowd, because who am I kidding? There are hundreds of fans watching and for sure we will no longer get a chance to seat near the rink. As far as I know, the Maple Leafs have been doing great this season which made the fans go full-on support with the team.

When we arrive, we ended up at the standing-room-only section of the arena, which happens to be near one of the cameras that are set up on the perimeter of the rink to capture and televise the game.

Liam took care of my brother putting him on his shoulders so he'll have a nice view. Three minutes on the game and I already felt the intense atmosphere, I'm not a hockey fan and have watched the game only a few times but maybe if you know someone who's playing or maybe just a fan on a certain team you will really feel the adrenaline and the nervousness in there.

My eyes never failed to recognize the man with a number 34 jersey. My man, Matthews. Jezz! My man who am I kidding?

He tried to snap a shot just near the goalie, but he failed. However, it was a totally nice shot causing everyone to shout and cheer with their lungs out, including my little brother.

"Look George! It's Auston! Auston!!" He shouted pointing and waving at him.

There are only enough people in the room, as selfish as it sounds but I'm hoping that my brother will catch his attention, even if I know that it is quite impossible knowing that we're just a tiny portion out of hundreds of people inside the arena. Plus, we're way too far!

I groaned. "There's no way he'll see me."

"We'll find a way." Liam assured and fish out his phone. "Some of my friends are watching the game tonight, I'll ask where are they and maybe they'll get us a seat."

Cross-fingers. As Liam busies himself tapping on his phone, I dart my attention back to the game. Islanders just scored causing for the whole crowd to growl in dismay. The coach of the Islanders then called for timeout, the jumbotron focused Auston's dismayed face and I felt my heart beat faster than it already is. My eyes waters thinking on how much I miss him, if I could just sprint my way down to rink to kiss him, I would.

"Aron replied," Liam suddenly talks. "There's a one empty seat next to them, accordingly, everybody is already standing so it's good if we go down."

"Where are they then?" I asked completely excited.

"Just across the player's benches, so it means they're just there." He said pointing down. As we exit out of the standing room only and head to where Liam's friend are at, the game commences again. Liam is on his phone making sure that we'll see his friends right away.

It's pretty chaotic as we walk through the crowd, and finally we made it! Aron, his girlfriend and some of their friends who looked familiar to me says their brief hi's and hello's then went back to watching the intense game again.

A minute before the first regulation ends the Maple Leafs managed to score courtesy of Nylander, causing for the whole crowd to shout in complete chaos. Jezz! If my intention here is to just watch the game I'll probably have the same reaction as them and probably enjoying the game as much as the people around me does but I am not.

I am here to see Auston with the hopes of talking to him. I am standing not too far from the plexiglass, and I am literally just across to the Maple Leaf's bench but I am still not convinced that he'll see me. I'm literally small, and majority of the people in front of me are huge ass beer drunken men.

Without any choice, I stick in there. Just purely watching the game, watching and admiring Auston from afar while he enjoys his game. God! Why am I even here?

The third period started with a 2-1 score in favor of the Islanders. Everybody is tensed for sure, especially when it is already half the regulation and the Maple Leafs just can't manage to win a score just to tie the game.

I can't help but feel nervous too. I saw Auston hit the ice back again, Caleb shouted his lungs out cheering for his idol. He is a beast in the ice as I try to lock my gaze on him, he's holding the puck on the way to their opponents zone. In just a quick whisk of his hands, the horn blows signaling that he scored.

I can't help but scream, shout, howl and all of that jumping and hugging Liam. Enjoying the celebration! It's tied up!

"Oh my god!" I shouted.

"Matthews! Matthews! Matthews!" The group of boys who are standing behind us started chanting. That other audience near couldn't help but chant too.

"Oh! George, my beanie just fell off." My brother Caleb said and so I quickly pick it up right before it disappears. By the time I finally picked it up and hand it back to him, my brother is freaking out while shouting Auston's name and waves in complete exaggeration.

And as I follow his gaze, my whole world spins. He is staring right back at me.

He is looking at me.

I am looking at him.

Finally....