Snippets of my other Lego Monkie Kid books!~

Little Shadows:

A book about a young demon who was abused and locked away by the Celestials, before being found by Macaque, and taken along a journey with the monkey demon.

A clip of Chapter Three:

"A-alright," The youth spoke up nervously, tail flicking about. "I'll go with you."

"Perfect!~" Macaque shot up to his feet, and clapped his paws together in excitement. "Then we should get going towards the mountain's base, before more guards show up, hmm?"

Nodding, the younger subconsciously held a hand out for the demon to take, thinking that he'd drag them by the wrist like the guards did, only to blink at the confused look they were receiving.

"I'm not gonna' hold your hand kid," The simian chuckled, as he started to walk, holding back another laugh as the kid nearly face planted in an attempt to quickly catch up after bidding their animal friends goodbye. "Name's Macaque by the way."

Looking up as he spoke, they smiled, "Hello Mr. Macaque."

The demon in question scrunched up his nose in disgust at the name, "Yeah, no, that name makes me feel old. Just call me Macaque ki--you know what, I'm not going to keep calling you kid this whole trip either....hmm. What to name you....."

Thinking it over for a moment, the monkey hummed before a thought came to mind, and he snapped his fingers in triumph, "Ah-hah! Ren! That's what I'll name you!~"

"Ren?"

"Yeah," The wind sage smirked, putting his paws behind his head in a casual motion with a shrug. "Why not? Seems fitting for you kid."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run Rabbit, Run:

A book about a young woman born in the Ming Dynasty, who dies after being betrayed by people she once thought as friends, being given a second chance at life by the goddess Chang'e.

A Clip of the Prologue:

Later that night, a knock sounded on the woman's door; setting down her knife, the young adult walked over and opened it, to be greeted by three demons, a horse, and a monk. All she could do was blink, surprised at the group in front of her.

"Greetings ma'am, we're sorry to disturb you this late--"

"No we're not!" The monkey demon interrupted the poor monk, rage filling the ginger simian's red eyes, making Yuna's brow twitch in irritation, at how rude this demon was. "Now let us in lady!"

"Wukong!" The man snapped, glaring over at his disciple, the others of the group watching on tiredly. "Stop that! You're going to frighten her like you did the others!"

"It's their fault, for being so skittish!" Huffed the demon, who'd been identified as 'Wukong', arms crossed in a pout. "I mean, Zhu Bajie is hardly anything worth being terrified over."

"Hey!" The pig demon cried out in rage, slamming the base of his rake down onto the ground. "I am too terrifying!"

"Oh please--"

"Uh, excuse me?" Yuna finally spoke up, gaining all of their attention, eyes of all colors turning to look at her. "I don't mind you coming in for some food and rest but--"

"Finally! Someone who's got some brains!" Going to walk inside, the monkey was stopped by a certain girl in his way. "Hey! I thought you said we could come in."

"If you'd let me finish monkey," Wukong didn't like the woman's tone, red eyes clashing with brown. "I would've been able to say, that your friends are welcome in, since they showed proper manners. But as for you, well, I want you first to apologize to both me and, your master."

"What?!" Both Zhu Bajie and the horse seemed to find this situation amusing, while the fish demon and monk seemed worried for the female. "You! How dare you speak to the Monkey King that way?!"

"You're no king of mine!" Yuna huffed, crossing her arms, glaring right back at the furious simian. "So don't think you can boss me around like this! Apologize, and I shall let you in!"

"Hell no!"

"Then I guess you're stuck outside tonight," Shrugging her shoulders with a huff, the brown haired woman allowed the others inside, once again blocking Wukong's way, when he attempted to enter. "Which is a shame, considering it's supposed to rain soon."

With those final words, she slammed the door shut in the demon's face, before locking it behind her, ignoring the mystified looks of the other pilgrims, and the angry shouting from Monkey King.