Chapter Twenty-Seven: Return of the Kings

Warning: Cursing, Violence

Mmmm...Monkie

Despite the fact that Spider Queen and the rest of her lackies had left, Wukong's angry shouts hadn't ceased, his red eyes lighting up the room and displaying the king's rage.

"Peaches, you need to calm down," Macaque groaned out, as with every struggle his husband made, the draining spell got worse. "You'll kill all of us at this rate. And if you do, who'll be there to keep the cubs safe?"

This seemed to get through to the enraged demon, the sage stopping with tired pants, his face now displaying how aged and tired he truly was. The shadow king's tail wrapped around his partner's, not caring about how the other demons could see, since their secret had already been outed.

"How long?" Came DBK's voice, the two looking over at their old brother, turned enemy. "How long have you two been married?"

"Over a few thousands years, and still counting," Was the tired response the Bull Demon received from the immortal sage.

"And of the children?" The ex-sworn brother hummed out.

"Ming is only four," It was the lantern user who responded this time. "And we recently adopted MK."

"Your offspring are strong, you must be proud," The Bull King glanced at the two.

"The lil' prince is strong in ways that'd even amaze you," Monkey King's smile was full of pride, thinking back on all the scars he'd seen on his kid, and late night talks they'd have after nightmares. "And my little princess? Oh, she's smart like her papa."

A calm silence fell over the group.

"The moment my first cub came into my life, is when I truly understood why you swallowed your pride the day you came to us, for help," Wukong looked off into a distant memory. "And when my second one joined? It only strengthened that understanding."

"I only hope that my own calf is safe," The horned demon sighed in worry, hoping that his son was alright.

"Red Son is as strong as he is smart," Macaque spoke up, giving his old friend a reassuring smile. "I have no doubt, that he's already figured out a way to fix this, and who knows...perhaps our kids are working together to fix this mess."

"Is that a wild guess, or a fact Six-Ears?" DBK snorted.

"I suppose we'll have to wait and see," The old king smiled.

"You were never one for straight answers," The bull rolled his eyes.

"Not exactly like either of us are straight, anyways," Wukong snickered.

"I see your jokes have gotten no better," DBK deadpanned.

"Imagine being married to it," Macaque tiredly laughed.

"My sympathies."

The two held back laughs, as they watched their old friend/husband scowl at them, "I'm feeling really ganged up on right now."

ლ(゚д゚ლ)ლ(゚д゚ლ)ლ(゚д゚ლ)ლ(゚д゚ლ)

Seeing as the Airship, wasn't exactly the safest place to make highly volatile magical elixirs, MK had suggested that they'd go to Flower Fruit Mountain to create the mixture. So here they were, standing on the shores of the island, everyone doing their own thing as Red Son mixed together each of the ingredients. MK and Ming sat next to the braiser, the older monkey heaving a tired sigh, hoping that his parents were okay.

"What is it?" Came an irritated huff.

The successor to the Great Sage looked up with a confused expression, his sister playing with the little mountain monkeys, that'd been brave enough to approach them...seeing as there was a irate fire demon nearby.