Chapter Eighty-Four: Brothers of Camel Ridge

Warning: Violence, Cursing, slight gore??? I think???

The monsters are coming
Season 4 Rumble....no, he doesn't know what the words on the shirt mean, do not tell him

GTE--Stands for Golden Tusked Elephant
TLT--Stands for Traffic Light Trio

Blinking his eyes open, MK looked around and realized he was no longer in Subodhi's chapter, the teen now surrounded by his family and partner, who were glaring at a figure before them. Turning his head, the simian's eyes widened at the sight of Azure Lion, holding the Scroll of Memory in his paw.

A chirp to the male's right had him turning to see his tearful younger sister, Ming crying out in joy at the sight of her--now awake--brother, "MK!~"

Her cry got everyone else's attention, all of them kneeling down to help up the prince, and make sure that he was okay, their voices being the only ones he could hear, much to the hero's relief.

"You gave us a fright Monkey Boy, what--"

"What...what happened?" Interrupting his boyfriend, the staff user made a step to go and ask his feline uncle what was going on, only for Mei to hold out an arm to stop him, lips curled in a snarl, showing off her draconic teeth. "M-Mei?"

"Don't go near him MK," The female growled, green lighting sparking around her, as her grip on her family's sword tightened. "We can't trust him anymore!"

"H-huh--?!"

"Azure's been lying to us this whole time!" Tang spoke up, pointing his khakkhara at the fallen Celestial before him, who still refused to look at any of them. "I saw it! Right here--wherever here is! Him scheming with two other demons to take down your parents, and the generals too!" I hurt look showed across MK and Ming's faces, the pair not able to believe that the lion would do such a thing. "That was his plan all along! He never cared about helping us at all!"

"Then why send us in to look for you?" The monkey-boy asked, looking at his scholar father-figure for answers.

"To get us out of the way as well," Red Son huffed, glaring daggers at the ex-general before them. "If the three of us figured out what he was doing, then we'd obviously tell Nezha what was going on, and get the Celestial Realm involved....he didn't want that happening. So he sent us in, betting that the curse would take care of the rest."

Sighing sadly, the lion glanced at the group briefly, before looking away, making Mei snap, "See?! He's basically admitting it!"

"It wasn't my intention to deceive you, but I knew that none of you would understand either," Azure began, trying to explain himself, eyes landing on the youngest of the group, who flinched and hid behind her brother, tail curling around her leg in fear. "Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness, instead of permission."

"If we're going by that logic, then I hope, you won't be upset when I beat you into the ground!" Shooting forwards, the dragon girl raised her sword up and went to strike down the warrior, only for him to dodge at the last minute, activating the spell in an attempt to trap her. But, much to the shock of both, a clawed hand reached out of the scroll, followed by a flash of light, showing the Golden Winged Peng, who was using his armored feathers to block the dragon's attack, making her and the others gasp in shock.

"Greetings little drake," Peng smirked, using his wings to send the jade clad girl flying back into the open arms of MK and Red Son, who instinctively caught her, checking the dragon over for injuries.

"H-hold on!" Azure cried out, trying to deescalate the situation, before it got any worse.

Unfortunately, his words were ignored as Sandy, Pigsy and Tang all went on the offensive, rushing forwards as well to attack both demons, though a flash from the corner of the water spirit's eyes, had him pushing his two friends out of the way, and taking the brunt of the attack from Golden Tusked Elephant.