55

Callie was glad Jada decided not to go out to the clubs with the group of gamers that invited her. Instead, they went on a date to a fancy restaurant in Paris, and explored the small French shops.

It was nice to have some alone time that consisted of her and her wife. Back at home, they each worked long hours and they had a daughter. Alone time happened very rarely and not for an extended period of time.

Jada slipped her hand up and to the inside of Callie's bicep before gently resting her head on Callie's shoulder as they walked.

"This is nice," Jada admitted as she took in the beautiful Paris skyline.

"Yeah, isn't it?" Callie asked in response. "We should come here more often."

"I agree. I think Sofia would like it too."

Jada nodded. "Did you talk to Arizona at all?"

"I did. She said Sofia misses us but she's having a lot of fun with her and Kate."

"Did you ever think this would happen?" Jada asked as they continued to walk. "Your ex, offering to watch your daughter while you and your wife are on vacation?"

"I did not," Callie answered truthfully. "I didn't think her and I would ever be close again after what happened."

"Do you ever miss her? As a partner?"

Callie took a deep breath. "You and her are so different from each other. I love you for you, and I loved Arizona for that too. Thinking of the memories makes me a little sad, but you and I are more compatible as partners, and her and I are better off as friends." She then added, "I try not to think of it too much. Because what happened led me to you. And I'm so damn grateful that it did."

"I never want to think of you getting hurt like that," Jada began to explain. "But if that wouldn't of happened, we wouldn't have found each other."

"I would do it all again in a heartbeat if it meant I still got to be with you."

They stopped and looked over the railing beside the river. "Calliope."

Callie put her arm around Jada's back and softly looked down at her. "I will."

"This is when I knew I loved you," Jada said. "When you looked at me with all the love in the world. You look at me like this all the time, and it makes me feel like the only person in the world. Like nothing else matters."

"I love you."

"I love you Calliope."

"I love you more," Callie argued.

"I don't think anyone is as in love with anyone as I am with you," Jada rambled, getting Callie to laugh. "I love you, Calliope. You may have said 'I love you' first in this relationship, but you are the only one I've said it to."

Callie's eyes widened. "Baby, you're the only person I've said those three words too."

"Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"I forgot about it," Jada said honestly. "When we first started dating and when we were girlfriends, nothing else mattered because I knew my future was with you. You are the love of my life, and nothing in my past relationships mattered because I knew you were it for me. And a few weeks ago, I had a dream about the first time you told me you loved me, and I remembered that I never told any of my past girlfriends that I loved them. Because I didn't love them. I thought I did, but I loved the attention of being with a partner, not the girl. And then I thought it would be cute to tell you here in the city of love."