15

Jada rushed across the house to the kitchen when she heard her phone ring for the second time. She already knew it was Callie by the ringtone, but something was up if she Callie was calling more than once in a row.

Jada, her mom and sister had been playing with Sofia all morning. Sofia had taken a strong liking to Grace and wouldn't stop laughing and babbling to her aunt. Callie had taken a quick trip into work this morning just to check on how her team was doing leaving the three of them to hangout with Sofia.

She picked up her phone. "Hey baby." Jada already knew something was off at the tone of Callie's voice.

"Hey sweetheart. Listen, I need you to come see me at work right now. We have a huge problem and I need you here. Don't bring Sofia and don't say anything about Sofia. Okay? I'm sorry for leaving you hanging like this but I'll explain when you get here."

Jada barely had a chance to say goodbye to her wife before Callie had abruptly ended the call. She rushed back into the living room to ask her mom and sister if they would be okay with watching her daughter for a while.

"Jaelynn, remember I said I would watch her anytime?" Michelle said with a smile.

"Yeah," Jada said as she returned the smile. "Thank you both."

And with that Jada ran out of the house and quickly made her way to the hospital. This problem Callie had mentioned over the phone must've already hit the news outlets. There were numerous news vans parked outside the front doors of the hospital.

Callie had sent for security who led her from the employee parking garage into the hospital from the back more privately. Inside the hospital, everything looked normal until she found Callie and the entire board of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital in a meeting room.

The discussion quickly stopped when Jada opened the door and entered the room. She was now being started at by the concerned faces of Arizona, Owen, Meredith, Bailey, Webber, Derek, Addison, and Callie who had made her way across the room.

"Jaelynn," Callie whispered before crushing her in a hug.

"Baby what's going on?"

"Come sit down and we'll explain," Callie said as she took Jada's hand and let her around the table to the open seat beside herself and Arizona.

She was glad to sit between both her wife and good friend. When she first met Callie, Jada never thought that she would feel comforted by Arizona Robbins. But she was glad to be beside both her wife and Arizona as the rest of the board members looked very concerned and worried about something.

Callie turned to Jada. "This is going to sound crazy with the odds of this happening but it did and that's why there's news vans outside right now."

"On the day Sofia was born, there were two babies who looked exactly like Sofia born within minutes of each other. They were both named Sofia Sloan and were both brought to the NICU. The mother who passed away had one Sofia, where a couple had the other Sofia. Somehow, the Sofia's got switched so we have that couple's baby and they have the baby we were supposed to adopt. Nobody caught that until the couple did a parental test because apparently the wife cheated on the husband and the baby didn't match either of the guys. So we have their baby and they have the Sofia we were supposed to adopt."