12

Jada was sprawled out on the bed beside Callie, with her head on Callie's shoulder and Callie's arm around her. After a few hours and a multitude of emotions, Jada made herself comfortable in her wife's embrace and they just talked.

"You came to a lot faster than I thought you would," Jada found herself saying. "You couldn't say much a first and then you were just like 'hey bitch.'"

They both laughed. "Don't make me laugh too hard Jaelynn."

"I'm sorry baby," Jada replied as she kissed her wife's cheek. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too. You and Sofia were all I thought about."

"You could think things?" Jada asked a little dumbfounded. From what she had been told a coma was a very near deathlike state.

"Yeah, I just felt like I was stuck in a never ending nap," Callie explained. "I couldn't move or anything so I just thought about you and Sofia until everything came back to me."

"Do you remember anything?"

Callie nodded. "I remember being stabbed and you holding me until I went into the coma. And I remember a lot of what I thought about while I was in the coma."

Jada took a moment to think. "How did you get stabbed? With how strong the suit is?"

"I took a shot there earlier during the battle. It reduced the durability of that part of the suit and the bitch just got lucky."

"I wish I would've come earlier to protect you."

Callie nuzzled her forehead against the top of Jada's head and began placing soft kisses against her ever so good smelling hair.

"You know," Jada started. "I feel like you getting stabbed was my fault."

"Jaelynn, no I-"

Jada kept going stopping Callie in her tracks. "If I wouldn't of come down there and I wouldn't of distracted you, you would've reacted to it and you would've protected yourself."

She had no idea where this deep revelation came from. Ever since Callie had fallen into the coma, Jada did feel a pang of guilt. She had distracted her wife. And she basically helped the monster against Callie. Jada had shoved the thoughts away while she focused on being right at Callie's side. But now that Callie was awake, Jada felt the need to apologize for being the reason Callie nearly died.

Callie momentarily forgot she was injured and laying in a hospital bed. She rolled onto her side and was immediately rewarded with a sharp pain deep down behind her stitches. As much as it hurt to be sort of crushing the wound in this position, Callie rolled over until her head was on Jada's shoulder. When she went to throw her arm across her wife's stomach, she cried out in audible pain.

"Callie, baby relax," Jada said as she began to roll Callie onto her back. "Lay down beautiful. I'll be right beside you but lay on your back baby. I don't want you to hurt."

Even after a few hours of coming out of a coma, Callie was still stronger than Jada and quickly overpowered her to lay on her side again.

"Look at me Jaelynn," she said huskily.

When Jada's light brown eyes looked at Callie, Callie only saw her eyes full of love and adoration to hide her current feelings. "You did not put me in danger," Callie explained. "I was fried and exhausted. I left myself exposed out there. And if you weren't there I would've died. That thing would've come back for another attack and I would be dead Jada. You saved my life. And you are the reason I'm here right now."