31

"Baby, do you think Arizona is okay?" Jada asked as she stepped into their bedroom after checking on Sofia. "She seemed really quiet tonight. And I thought I noticed her-woah..." Jada trailed off upon seeing her wife.

Callie was laying on her side with her bare back facing the door and Jada. The sheet and comforter covered her hips and Jada was left with a view of her wife's very muscular back.

Jada couldn't even remember what she was saying before her eyes settled on Callie. "Callie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I don't think I can do it tonight, I'm exhausted."

Rolling over onto her back, Callie set the book she was reading down on the nightstand. "I wasn't planning on having sex tonight," she replied. "I'm exhausted too. It's warm in here because you're always cold and I like cuddling without clothes."

She smiled and pulled off her pajama shirt, athletic shorts, and underwear. "I am definitely in for some cuddling," Jada said with a smile as she slipped under the covers.

Within a few moments, Jada was undressed and in Callie's arms. Like Callie, she also really enjoyed cuddling without clothes. With all of Callie's body exposed, Jada had free reign to place gentle kisses anywhere on her wife's soft skin.

Jada was happy she had thought to turn off the nightstand light before getting into bed. Once she was all wrapped up in Callie's protective arms, she did not want to move.

Taking a deep breath, Jada relaxed and nuzzled into Callie's neck. She was in her happy place. Cuddling against Callie wrapped in Callie's protective embrace was Jada's favorite place in the world. Callie also knew exactly how Jada needed to be held. And tonight, she wanted to be as close to Callie as humanly possible.

Both of Callie's arms were around Jada's back, keeping her nice and close. Jada enjoyed facing Callie for cuddles, but she wanted to be in her favorite position. So, slowly, Jada pushed Callie onto her back. One arm was underneath the pillow wrapping around Jada's back to rest on her side. And Callie had intertwined her fingers to hold Jada in her protective embrace. Jada gently rested her head on Callie's shoulder and her right arm rested on Callie's chest between her breasts. Jada's fingers traced heart shaped patterns on Callie's soft skin right above Callie's heart.

"What were you saying about Arizona?" Callie asked.

"Oh," Jada said quietly as she thought back to what she had been saying about Arizona. After a moment it came back to her. "Do you think Arizona is okay?" Jada asked again. "She seemed really quiet today and that's not like her at all."

Callie took a deep breath. "I don't know," she answered honestly. "I was sitting outside with Sofia when she asked to join us. She did seem upset and I got the feeling she wanted to ask me something. But she just ended up thanking me for everything we did for her two weeks ago."

"I feel like part of it is about what happened recently," Callie added. "I told her about my experience and said that she could talk to me if she ever needed to talk to someone and didn't feel comfortable."

"Isn't she seeing a therapist?" Jada asked.

Callie nodded. "Yeah, her and Kate have been. But there's some things that are just easier being said to someone you know and trust over a therapist."

"That is true," Jada nodded in agreement. "I don't know, she just seemed really quiet tonight and that was so unlike her."

"I wasn't going to push her," Callie said. "She'll tell me if she wants to."

"Callie?" Jada asked.

"Yeah sweetheart?"

"Did you notice her looking at you a lot tonight?"

Callie shook her head. "Not really. Why, did you?"

"Yeah," Jada answered quietly. "And she wasn't just looking, she was kinda staring baby. I know that you're mine and I know that you're never going to change your mind and decide you don't want me, but I don't like how she was looking at you," Jada rambled.

Callie decided to tease her wife for a moment. "Aww, are you a little jealous?"

"Calliope."

"I know," Callie said with a chuckle. "I don't like other women looking at you either."

"We know," Jada teased with a smile.

Callie returned her wife's smile. "But hey, it's not appropriate to be hitting on someone else's girl."

"It's especially not appropriate Calliope," Jada whispered seductively. "Because the only girl I want hitting on me is you."

"And I will continue to just be better than anyone else."

They both laughed. "But seriously though, is Arizona okay? Because she never looks at you like she was doing tonight. I know she still has a thing for you and that kinda annoys me, but recently she's really needed us. And she's been there for us too."

"I'll talk to her tomorrow," Callie reassured Jada. "I'll talk to Kate too. She knows I care for her, but I hope she's not confusing that for me liking her. I love her, but not like I love you Jada. I love her as a friend."

"I still feel really bad for everything that happened to her. Nobody should have to go through what she did."

"Yeah, that's why I'm trying my best to be there for her. I understand her differently than most people because I've been there before. That bastard isn't going to see the light of day ever again though," Callie said. "Prison doesn't treat rapists or child molesters very well."

"Wait... Callie? Do you think she's pregnant? Or do you think she's nervous she's pregnant?"

"I don't know," Callie answered honestly. "I would find out for myself, but out of respect for the people I love and care about, I don't do that unless I'm asked to."

Jada nodded. "You're absolutely wonderful Calliope. I'm just really concerned about her and I hope she's okay."

"Me too," Callie replied as she kissed Jada gently on the lips. "I won't ever let anyone or anything hurt you or anybody else ever again. You have my word on that."