7

"Callie, I think she's bundled up enough."

"I know, but it's her first time going outside and it's cold and I just want to be sure she doesn't catch anything," Callie rambled as she swaddled Sofia in another blanket.

"She's going to be okay babe," Jada said softly, placing a caring hand on Callie's shoulder. "You already warmed up the car let's not let her get used to too much special treatment."

Callie giggled and cradled Sofia back into her arms. "Did you hear your mama? She says you don't get too much special treatment," Callie said in her baby voice. Quietly whispering in Sofia's ear, "you deserve the world baby girl and your mama and I are going to give it to you."

"You ready to go home Sofster?"

Gently setting Sofia into her car seat carrier, Callie already felt deprived of cuddling her baby girl. "You're going to get to see your room and you're going to meet Jackie and Goose and they're going to love you."

Jada knelt down beside Callie and helped her buckle Sofia in. Sofia's beautiful brown eyes looked right back at her moms as they got her ready for her first car ride.

"I can't believe she's almost already two months," Jada said as she checked to make sure Sofia was buckled securely.

"I know," Callie answered as she slowly got to her feet. "She figured out how to smile already."

Jada stood up beside her wife. "She looks so much like you and I."

Callie put an arm around Jada. "She's so beautiful. Let's just say she gets it from us. I mean, we are hot and we are sexy."

"You are really hot Calliope. And you know it because you use it against me and that is the end of that conversation."

Callie playfully scoffed and slowly picked up Sofia's carrier. "You girls ready?"

"Absolutely," Jada replied and they both couldn't help but smile when they noticed Sofia was smiling up at them.

"She's got your smile babe."

Returning the smile to her wife, Callie said, "And I hope she uses it on you like I can."

"Absolutely not!" Jada protested as she followed after Callie.

It took the couple a good 10 minutes to make their way out of the hospital. They stopped to say goodbye to a lot of Callie's coworkers who wanted to see Sofia one last time before she left.

When it seemed like they were nearly out, the couple was greeted by Callie's ortho team by the exit doors of the hospital. Kate, Luke, as well as the rest of the ortho team and Arizona, Dr. Webber, Christina, and Bailey happily shared their congratulations with the new mothers.

Christina half held up and half blocked a sign that read, 'Congratulations Dr. Torres' on it that was not secured to the wall very well. Callie laughed knowing that her team put this together in a few minutes. But she appreciated it. Her team was always busy and she was surprised to see that nobody was in surgery at the moment.

"Callie and Jada," Kate said as she moved from behind Arizona with two baskets in her arms. "These are a little congratulations gift from team ortho. We all pitched in and got some stuff for Sofia. This is all the small stuff and the rest is already in your car."