Chapter thirty - anxiety

My mom just looked at my back, as if she knew it was hurting.
"Ah damn it. Not this again." She muttered and dragged me out of the room.
"Mom what the hell are you talking about?" I asked and took my hand out of her grip.
"Your back is hurting, you don't have any wounds and you haven't hit it lately. How can you not add that up?" Mom responded and started walking up the stairs to my room.
"Add what up?-" I asked and she turned her head towards me, who had started walking up the stairs and following behind her.
"You have no idea what I'm talking about?" She asked. I shook my head and saw that Jasmine and Carmella had left the room we were just in.
"Damn it.." Mom mumbled, opened my rooms door and instantly went into my closet.
"Mom just tell me what's happening." I said and rolled my eyes. My mom does the same and apperantly finds what she was looking for since she starts smiling for a second before she turns to me, grabs my wrist again and drags me down the stairs.
"Mom for fucks sake. Answer the damn question before I get annoyed." I shouted but she kept dragging me until we were in the basement.
"If you wanted to be alone with me, my room would've worked wonders you know." I said, annoyed and sat down in a chair crossing my arms.
"We both know I prefer being with Eli alone. But are you fucking stupid? This is the third time this has happened. Although the last time was after your fathers funeral you should still remember some parts of it." Mom finally gave me atleast a clue of what was happening.
"Ouch? But I'm being honest, I don't remember shit of what happened after dads funeral. But only what you want me to remember, I remember most of the other stuff." I responded.
"You can't be fucking serious, Vi Vi." My mom comments and I look at her confused as hell.
"As you know, the only thing you got from me was your eye colour and hair colour." Mom continued, and I nodded.
"And sometimes your dad got memory loss out of the blue, his immune systems became shit, basically everything weakend, you were fortunate enough to just have your pain immune system broken. But you still get the memory loss." Mom started explaining.
"So, when was the first time it happened?" I asked and kept my arms crossed, not believing it.
"When you were five." Mom answered.
"How long does the memory loss last?" I ask and stared at her.
"Depends, it happens too little to see a pattern so maybe a few days, around a week." She responded.
"And how far back is the memory loss? is there any way to stop it?" I asked as I realized I could lose my memories of Jasmine and Carmella.
"A month." Mom answers and my annoyance disappears as my heart sinks.
"I'll forget about them?! Well, maybe not Jasmine. But how am I supposed to explain this out of all things!? I know nothing about it!" I started pacing the room as my chest started tightening.
"Honey, I know it'll hurt you but we can't even try to stop it or it'll just last longer." Mom tried to calm me down even after she just dropped a bomb on me.
"If I don't remember them they can also disappear.. mom this is more serious than anything before!" I shouted the last few words and my chest just kept getting tighter. Mom grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards her.
"It'll be okay, we'll keep watch over them. They can't get hurt with even just one of us watching them." She said in a low tone. I just pushed myself away from her and hurried up the stairs where Jasmine and Carmella were waiting and looked worried, seeing my face did not help them at all.
"What happened down there?" Jasmine asked and since she saw I was running up the stairs she took my hand before I could run off.
"Nothing. Now let go of me." My chest got a little less tight being near them but it was not exactly the best.
"No. Tell us what happened." Jasmine said and grabbed my other hand.
"It's not important.." I said under my breathe and looked away.
"You are on the verge of crying. That's a horrible lie, Violet." Carmella said as she went to stand on the side I was looking at (and I was standing right infront of Jasmine with my hands basically stuck to hers)
"It's nothing." I say again and roll my eyes.
"Bullshit, tell us." Jasmine said and moved closer to me, I honestly don't know if she somehow knew my chest had been tight, but her moving closer certainly helped.
"No." I said and stared at her but immediately looked away. And then Jasmine sighed.
"Look, we have no idea what your mom wanted, it was obviously bad, but we want to know because you're distressed because of it." Carmella said and picked me up bridal style again.
"Being annoying won't make me tell you." I muttered and crossed my arms, not even trying to get out of being carried. We got back to my room (not the one up the stairs) and she pinned me against the wall, my hands beside my head and her knee between my legs, I blushed a little. I would've blushed more if I wasn't annoyed at them. Jasmine entered the room and shut the door.
"Now tell us what your mom said down there." Carmella demanded and glared at me and she was probably thinking of ways to embarrass me so I would admit.
"God. When will you guys get it? I won't tell you." I replied and rolled my eyes, looking away from Carmella and the other way so I wasn't looking at Jasmine either.
"Oh just tell us already, you know we'll get it out of you some way." Jasmine said.
"Then keep trying, because I won't tell you." I replied and kept looking away.