I trusted you

Y/N POV (FEM)

Harry Potter and the half blood Prince spoilers

The cold embrace of the winter winds glide across my cracking skin due to the change in weather

The cold embrace of the winter winds glide across my cracking skin due to the change in weather. It had only been a few days since Dumbledore passed and everyone was in mourning. Many students have fled Hogwarts after the incident as their parents thought that it wasn't safe anymore. And I can't argue with them no longer.

Things are changing. The once cheery and safe atmosphere this school held 5 years ago has dissipated. It's as if it just got up and left. The ministry has been investigating around the school to find the answers to how Albus died. Yet they were unsuccessful. They tried seeing his last memory but Albus' mind was incredibly protected that no one could enter it.

The remaining students were always on edge. Griping their wands everywhere they go. Always at the ready. They kept asking who killed Albus and I just wish I could tell them who but I really didn't know. They are so scared. It's as if someone to turn on them, even for a minor thing, they'd think they had something to do with Albus' death.

It was a frightening time for the students. For everyone. Someone or something has murdered the most powerful man in today's day age. Which the magical world thought was impossible unless it was a sacrifice. The ministry is absolutely lost with what had happened. Everything was breaking down.

"Y/n? Are you okay, my love?" The sound of Severus' voice guides me back to reality as he appears behind me on the astronomy tower.

"Just thinking about Albus. Trying to figure out what had happened..." I turn my back to him and looking off down to the courtyard where a dark shadow casted on the stones of where is body landed.

"And what conclusion have you come to?" Severus asks as he lent against the rail with me and turning his body to face me.

"With the death eaters growing stronger every day......I have to accuse them. But to say who it is......well. That is still a question yet to be answered." I concluded before Severus takes my cheek and lightly kisses my lips as I returned the favour.

"There may be a way to see who it was..." He proposed as he took my hand and took us down the stairs of the tower and guided us to Dumbledores office where caution tape had been placed.

Passing through the tape, we see the ministry has rummaged through every draw trying to find some kind of answer. Books and papers were scattered across the floor. Severus then leads me to Albus' Pensieve and then draws a memory strand from his head and places it into the water.

"You were there....." I managed to get out as millions of questions ran through my head.

"Yes..." He mutters as he removes his hand from mine reluctantly.

"Why haven't you gone to the ministry?" I half whispered in confusion looking into his dark eyes for some form of answer.

"It would complicate my fate...and you. Our children" He answers as he places his hand that once held mine on the back of my head and pushes it gently down into the water.

My mental being is now back at the astronomy tower. Albus is facing a blonde man. My vision clears up and I recognise it was Draco Malfoy. Why would he ever do such a thing? Unless....oh no. Draco. Why? Why are you a death eater....

A figure brushes past me and I soon recognise her to be a previous students. His aunt. Bellatrix Lestrange. She was yelling and yelling at him to kill Albus. It must have been some form of initiative for the dark lord. Tears fell down draco's cheeks before everyone's head turned to the sound of someone's voice which was muffled for me. Till he got closer.

Severus.....

"Remember your unbreakable vow"

Bellatrix reminded Sev before he nods in her direction. He moves Draco gentle to the side as he pulled his wand out from his sleeve.

No

No

NO

He can't

What unbreakable vow!?

WHY

"Avada Kadavera"

The spell sparks from his wand and makes Albus topple over the rail where we just were and plummet to his death.

I pull my head out of the pensieve and stare at the water for a while before I could bring myself to look at my husband.

"I had to tell you...I couldn't live with this shame..." He mutters before I dart my gaze towards him.

"Shame!? Shame!? You didn't seem ashamed when you killed him. You seemed unfazed. HOW COULD YOU!?" Severus jumps back a little from my rage and starts to well up.

"Come on y/n. Please. I had no choice. I needed to protect Harry...." He tried to reason before I cut him off again.

"THE ONLY REASON YOU PROTECTED HARRY WAS BECAUSE YOU LOVED LILY! You only cared for her. No one else. I AM YOUR WIFE! Do I not matter to you anymore?!" I argue before he stormed over, takes my face and forces me to kiss him.

The once familiar spark of joy and love I always felt whenever we connected, fizzled out. All I felt was regret. Embarrassment. Sadness. Fear. I pull away from his and wipe my lips from the taste of his.

"Of course I care for you. I wouldn't marry you if I didn't. I love you..." He managed to creak out between his sobs.

"You don't....And I can't love you anymore..." I proclaim as I was about to leave before he begins to beg for me.

"What about our children? Alder. And Fauna. I need of protect them y/n..." The sound of their names leave his lips makes me shiver.

"I'll protect them. I'm not telling you where we are going. Just know you probably won't see them again..." I storm out of the office as his cries echoed all the way down the stairs which still makes me break after what I now know.