Driving away to paradise

Y/N POV (ANY)

It was a normal summer morning

It was a normal summer morning. Me and billy now spend a lot of time together. There seems as though we have nothing better to do. My parents have gone to this business conference thing in the Uk and Steve is doing whatever he's doing.

"What would you say if I say let's get out of here and go to Michigan?"
Billy asks out of the blue.

"What? I mean my parents won't know, but what about yours?" I say to his absurd question.

"Come on, baby! We have done nothing all summer, it's so boring here. Please..." He whines giving me his irresistible puppy dog eyes.

"Ok, ok. We can go but please we have to be careful. What if your dad hurts you?" I start to get very worried about him and what neil would do.

"He's going to California, to go do some fishing and Susan won't care. She will think I'm just at a party and I crashed there." Billy explains looking into my eyes.

Time skip

I quickly packed something's and we met up at the new mall being built outside of town. As we got in and set off I could feel myself letting go of Hawkins and becoming free. The wind blows threw our hair and brushes against our pale skin.

We both just finished screaming the lyrics to 'Uptown Girl' by Billy Joel. We pull into a gas station on the boarder of Michigan. He comes out carrying a bag full of food and water.

Time skip

"HA! I win again! You just can't beat me at darts." I say in victory as I hit the balloon. He slams his fist in defeat. He then drags me to a ride that looks like a booth and spins in circles very fast. He pays for our ride and pulls me into the booth and wraps his arm around my waist.

"This will be the fastest and dizziest ride you'll ever go on." Billy claims in my ear smiling.

"Let's see." I say as the ride starts and we begin to turn.

In a matter of seconds, I am already screaming in excitement and fear from how fast and how dizzy I am. All I can hear is billy laugh and scream as we go down each dent.

He seems genuinely happy. Like Neil and his mom never happened. Like he has a happy life. This is all we need. All I need. All he deserves.

We get off of the ride and I feel like I was gonna throw up so I lean against the peir and breath. Billy comes over and rubs my back.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't of let you go on." He felt guilty for making me feel like this.

"I know you might throw up but I wanted to give you this. It's a promise ring." He says taking a small ring out of his pocket.

I look at him and take the ring. It was a simple silver ring with a small diamond in the middle.

"You really want to marry me?" I say in disbelief.

"Yes I do, I really love you y/n. I see myself being happy with you." He says moving a piece of hair and tucking it behind my ear.

Time Skip

As it was getting dark, we decided to drive back home. The warm summer air turned cold and the gusts of wind slowed down.

"Thank you for today." Billy says softly as he rubs his thumb on my thigh.

"It's okay. You needed a break." I smile at him and he smiles at me not taking his eye off the road.