Im here

Y/N POV (FEM)

The sun was beating down on my face

The sun was beating down on my face. My mouth gasping for water. The forest was all I could see. The canopies shielding the sun. My body aching. Scabs covering my wounds. Dragging my hands across the rough bark, I detect something cold. I turn my head to see a spindal dig deep into a tree.

I lift its handle and water comes pouring out of it. Opening my mouth wide I feel the water collect in my mouth quenching my thirst. God I needed this. I don't care who's this is, I'm stealing it. I need this. My god it's so good.

The coldness travels down my throat. Until the glory of achieving water was interrupted by a grunt. I stand still and pretend to be scared. I fake cry as I slowly reached for my dagger that laid on my thigh.

"Pl- please don't. I on- only nee- needed some water...please don't kill me..." I faked with a shaky voice.

"Pathetic..." the man said almost laughing at me till he was about to kill me.

I turn quickly round and kick him in the chest to the ground. He was quick to react and grabs my leg as he was pushed down and took me with him. He manages to get on top of me and pins me down to the ground and rids me of any weapons.

"Why would a pretty girl such as you end up here? Alone. Scared. But your good at hiding it better than the others." He patronises me with a smirk played on his light lips.

"I'm not scared-" I try to ground myself and wriggle free from his strong grasp. His grip only tightens on me making me squeal in pain.

"Ah ah ah. Your not going anywhere missy. You and I are going to spend some time together and you will tell me why you deserve to live." He startles me as he begins to dig his spear into my side causing a tremendous amount of pain.

He twists the spear into my ribs and it penetrates through my skin. I scream to the top of my lungs as he just leans there and smiles at me. Tears sting my dry eyes and fall down my dehydrated skin. I grow tired and I could only feel the blood pour out of my side.

I was barely conscious by now. The only thing I can remember before blacking out was the release of pressure from my wrists and legs and the spear leaving my side and the figure above me being pulled off of me. Who ever it was, saved me. I don't remember much else. I don't know how long it has been.

I suddenly started to feel a warm presence against my face and I begin to open my eyes and I see a small fire in front of me and dark cave walls surrounding me. I pull myself up and see that I was alone. I take my dagger from the side and pull myself to the back of the cave. I assess my ribs and see that the wound has healed with the use of a donation from the capitol.

A tree branch breaks above the cave and I hold my dagger out in front of me in case it is an intruder. They finally enter the cave and I soon drop my weapon. Recognising those features. Blue orbs. Dirty blonde locks. Thin lips.

It's haymitch. My other tribute. He sees me conscious and smiles widely till I rush over and embrace him in a hug. I hold him so tightly and grip onto his clothes as he pulled me close to him. I feel my eyes well up and the tears escape and fall into his shirt as his does as well.

"I thought I lost you....I didn't know where you were...." I manage to say between my real shaky breaths.

"It's okay darling...I'm right here." He pulls away and holds my face in his rough hands admiring every inch of me.

"I'm not leaving you now..." and with that he pulls me into kiss him and makes me feel secure.